[APRIL 2016] DRGunz news & Possible Minecraft Server

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Ahoy!

Beforehand, apologies for my absence, I've been extremely busy in real life.

As some of you may have noticed, the DRGunz server was shutdown, we had warned previously that such would happen if we had no players nor donations.

However, GunZ will still come back as a fully revamped version that offers a perfect mixture of a PvP competitive and balanced experience, along with challenging and custom PvE Quests.

Moving on, we are willing to bring more games into the Daemons Ring Gaming Network, starting, by highest demand, with Minecraft.

We've had some offers of the hosting of a Minecraft server, first was Beauty/Sour/Grym, then Sacrifices/Nick, then WTFMate/Alabamaskater, so if these three individuals could speak between themselves, then with us, we'd all appreciate it very much; it is known that the DR community likes Minecraft.

Moving further on, having this debate once more, what game would you like us to host for you?

Please comment and suggest some new games for us.

Thank you,
All the best,
Neo

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]...

All....

is....

Dragon Nest!
[/glow]

N

NOPROBLEM

Everyone needs to keep in mind that just because a game exists, doesn't mean that it would be appropriate for DR. We require three things.

1.) The game must have a customizable standalone client. If we cannot modify and offer a direct download to OUR version of the game, there will be no reason for anyone to play ours over the official version.

2.) The accounts must be controlled by us, not by an official server.

3.) We must be able to create an incentive to "donate" by providing some unique or exclusive content in the game.

Those three requirements must be met or there won't be a point for us to be an intermediary for players to participate in OUR version of the game.

Damage

Retired Staff
Nice that the update is coming, had been waiting so long on it =]

I wonder what people want. We could make a list of the suggestions and have a poll afterwards. Im excited. Not really having any suggestions.

Tjabo

I would like to suggest hosting for Cockatrice or Xmage. They are Magic: The Gathering simulators, and would basically just require hosting on your part. However, the drawbacks of the best option (Cockatrice IMHO) is the lack of organized play, both tournaments and constructed play, aswell as moderators and regulations. So, my suggestion is that you set up hosting and get some people to moderate it. Then host tournaments or drafts in an organized fashion. I think it will draw people, which will draw donations, which will bring GunZ back in glorious fashion, the supreme end-goal of the known universe.

Cheers! Happy to see Minecraft on the menu^^

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
In my opinion, cracked MC Server is a bit dead. I can understand that most of community members don't have a Mojang account, but if they can afford to donate, I don't see why can't they afford to purchase one-time account?

Customized MC Servers are very fun to play on because it's pretty much fully supported by the community.

Nine

Game Master
Staff member
It's been a while.

I don't mind helping out with hosting MC but managing wise... I just don't have the time I use to have to set up the minecraft server but I will be able to help little by little with whoever wants to manage it. I worked along side beauty on MC though I haven't really been in contact with her (have her on skype though she never online on there).

This is an offer.. Don't have to take it.

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
Will be nice to had an FlyFF private server...

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while.

I don't mind helping out with hosting MC but managing wise... I just don't have the time I use to have to set up the minecraft server but I will be able to help little by little with whoever wants to manage it. I worked along side beauty on MC though I haven't really been in contact with her (have her on skype though she never online on there).

This is an offer.. Don't have to take it.
Appreciate it, I'm just waiting for Grym to give a life sign, then we'll discuss it in a group chat or something.

In my opinion, cracked MC Server is a bit dead. I can understand that most of community members don't have a Mojang account, but if they can afford to donate, I don't see why can't they afford to purchase one-time account?

Customized MC Servers are very fun to play on because it's pretty much fully supported by the community.
That's been one of our biggest problems Josh, apart from those who've had or still have the title of Sponsor, it's been mostly us, the staff, paying the monthly bills.

Maybe that could be taken up to a poll after we assemble a MC team, a lot of people around here do have legit MC accounts.

Will be nice to had an FlyFF private server...
I believe we have hosted one back in 2008/2009, how is the game population in the current days?

Damage

Retired Staff
FlyFF is a fun game but when it comes to population MU would be a better choice.

Last edited:

Beauty

DR Minecraft Staff
Staff member
S I G N S O F L I F E

Been working lately, just let me know if we have/need a host.
I haven't been on skype or pretty much anything. easiest way to contact me is directly through the forums
I'll have to make a skype again. For the life of me I don't remember my old credentials.
I'll need 2 weeks to set myself up and have some active time for setting up the server.

@Sacrifices Stop stealing all my character names >:

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
700 players every day play FlyFF neo
FlyFF is a fun game but when it comes to population MU would be a better choice.
I've never played FlyFF but I've done a LOT of MU Online, it was actually from MU that I've introduced the Rebirths into the Gunz private server scene.

But both are old games, already with a saturated market. (Using NOPROBLEM's words)

S I G N S O F L I F E

I haven't been on skype or pretty much anything. easiest way to contact me is directly through the forums
I'll have to make a skype again. For the life of me I don't remember my old credentials.
I'll need 2 weeks to set myself up and have some active time for setting up the server.

I'd be happy with the three of you leading a Minecraft project, Nine/Mark Sacrifices/Nick, and you, Beauty/Grym; please try to talk between yourselves if possible.

It's good to see you btw.

Ryan

Unix God
Possible Minecraft Server eh?
i have this server doing nothign for like 8 months now so rofl just hosting dem media/torrents

hookups needed? ok nope FeelsBadMan
use linux to manage, not some pussy adminpanel for mc.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
S I G N S O F L I F E

lol I didn't even know you were Sour before. If you have Skype, please add me with a message saying it's you.