August Community Update

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

Despite my recent thoughts, I felt the need to make a new thread regarding our present and future situation.

As most of you noticed and complained about... We've been having some delays. Well, in old DR we've had a "coder" who never cared about us, but we, on the contrary, we actually care, both about DR and this community. That's why we ask everyone to please understand that we all have real lives, and that, although we always have DR present in our minds, we cannot always be fully present. This, to say that our Lead Programmer Gunblade has been extremely busy and overwhelmed with work, and that he will resume his patchlog once he finds enough free time to do so; his real life and his professional career simply have to be his first priority, everyone needs to understand that.

In the meantime, Yoshi (who has now retired), ~coco and myself, have fixed the muzzles of a few broken weapons, along with fixing a few weapons that were crashing the client, i.e. the Cerberus Revolver that I removed and refunded to everyone who had purchased it.
(To be honest, this was mostly their work, Yoshi has made an incredible job with the game client, ~coco has fixed the models, and I've just replaced the broken models, compiled a new model.mrs file, and updated the client and server files accordingly; which is the the easiest part..)

Therefore, as everyone must have already assumed, a new mini-patch/hotfix has just been released fixing 22 broken items, and the Cerberus Revolver was added to the ingame shop again.

Now, there is another matter I must address, which is, obviously, our player count. As most of you have also noticed, we've dropped from 40-50 players down to 0-10. This was caused because we did not advertise our server when we've had a stable count of 40-50 players since it was not yet fully complete; and because of our drastic change in the server's balancing system. However, I am not here to point any fingers nor to blame anyone, we are a team, we work together, and we assume our flaws together, I am not an exception... Truth is that, we've messed up with a hastened decision to please the community without properly realizing all the risks and consequences, something which will not happen again.

In a near future, not only will we host a Tournament that already has 40 players signed up, but we will also add more content to the server, and finally, start advertising it and call out everyone around the globe. Also, in an even nearer future, we will be start scheduling and hosting periodical events and competitions to keep everyone pleased and entertained.

Lastly, all that is left to say, is thank you... Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your continued support. Thank you for your trust. Thank you for your tolerance. Thank you for your presence. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you, for everything!

Eden

Former Game Master
It's all good homie, we appreciate the work y'all have been putting in even if most don't openly say it. The only way this community would die is if y'all let it, and we all know that's not gonna happen. A lot of people came back for the first release, so it won't be a surprise when everyone comes back when we are ready for real.

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
LONG LIVE THE DAEMONS RING! ALL HAIL THE KING! HOORAY!

Too much for you? :p

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Gunblade showed up at the right time, seemed unreal...

I posted here (or thought that I had posted) a status update about our lack of progress... I clicked on 'post quick reply' and switched tabs... A few minutes after, Gunblade popped up on skype... And when I returned to the forums, I had a 'submission error' because I cleaned my historic in the meantime...

Anyway, telepathic shit aside; we've been stalled since this last update because Gunblade has been busy, which is obviously understandable. Today we've been discussing our plot to take over the world *cough* I mean, our plans for DRGunZ, and everything is slowly getting back to normal.

We expect to have some other bugs fixed by the time of the Tournament, as well as more advancements in Gunblade's Patchlog thread.

Thanks!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note that we're currently preparing our Tournament.

The one we announced a few months ago, that has 40 players signed up.