Daemons Ring Forum is now Multilingual!

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
Since Max (Gunblade) has updated Daemons Ring GunZ to function with multiple languages (Portugese), I have also enabled the forum to use multiple languages as well!

Currently, I have enabled two languages with more to come.

These are :
Dutch (translation was made for vBulletin 4.1.3, may be outdated or not translated in some places)
Portugese-Brazil (this translation was made for vBulletin 4.2.2, which is really close to our version 4.2.3)

Coming up is :
Spanish (Jake and hopefully Mitsu will work on translating our current forum version for us. If not, I have a backup plan to use one translated for vBulletin 4.1.1)
German (Official 4.2.3 language file coming soon. This will be as soon as I can get access to download from the vbulletin-germany forums)

If you would like a language added, you can contact me and I'll do my best to find one, or you can volunteer to translate for us! (this will be a case-by-case basis)

You can change your language by going to the bottom of the forum, and using this select form:

This DOES NOT translate the forum in it's entirety (threads, posts, topics). Anything from the forum user-made will be in the language they post it in, and that's how everyone will see it. These language packs only translate the phrases used by the vBulletin software.

~Wes

Hijacked

Ex-Staff/Premium/E.Master
I can also help translating to spanish. Just contact me if needed.

Oh and, btw.

Gunblade installed a "portuguese" language ingame as well but I think he got confused doing it. It's spanish not portuguese.

Last edited:

Wesley

Staff member
Oh ok, I didn't know that. The changelog said PT. You can message Jake about helping him (he originally volunteered, but I told him about Mitsu being our normal Spanish translator). It's a lot in there.

Hijacked

Ex-Staff/Premium/E.Master
Oh ok, I didn't know that. The changelog said PT. You can message Jake about helping him (he originally volunteered, but I told him about Mitsu being our normal Spanish translator). It's a lot in there.
Spanish is my native language as well, and yeah, will do.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Gunblade installed a "portuguese" language ingame as well but I think he got confused doing it. It's spanish not portuguese.
To be honest, I only noticed that at 4am of this previous night :] But as Horrors stated, it will be fixed soon.

Wesley

Staff member
How are you liking it Neo? I actually kind of thought about adding an Arabic language pack because it was for vBulletin 4.2.2 but then I thought. Who the fuck would use it and why would I add something like that with all the ISIS shit going around the US?

Blissful

Donator
Tagalog is we have any Filipino friends and Hebrew for the Israeli player base might work too.
Either way, good on you for doing this..it will hopefully be able to target the GunZ demographic in Brazil, and neighbouring Latin America.

Is it possible for it to be pre-selected to be in their native language given where they live?

Beauty

DR Minecraft Staff
Staff member
Spanish should've been prioritized before adding NL. This is still nice feel free to message me if you need help with the Spanish translations.

Jake

Retired DR Staff
Spanish should've been prioritized before adding NL. This is still nice feel free to message me if you need help with the Spanish translations.
Grym, Dutch was available on the vB forums, nobody translated it. It was just a matter of downloading it and adding it in.