DRGunZ October 2018 OPEN BETA - SERVER UP

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've shared some words with all of you, and this time I actually bring good news instead of promises that weren't kept. (My apologies for that.)

Beforehand, I would like to clear out that I've had no part in this - at least not yet - this was pulled off by the Daemons Ring Staff Team.

With the above said, I proudly announce, on their behalf, that we currently have a Daemons Ring Gunz online server in OPEN BETA; the server is UP AND RUNNING!

1) If you want to play DRGunZ, just download the client here:
DRGunZ 2018 on MEGA

2) A shortcut icon will appear on your desktop, please right-click on it, and check the "run as administrator" box to avoid any issues.

3) Lastly, use your FORUM account to login to the server.

EDIT BY WESLEY:
4) If for some reason your account wont let you log in, and you recently made a change to your name/usergrade/password, please wait 5 minutes for the DB Worker to update the GunZ DB.
If you get a NOMSG error when trying to login, please let one of us know. It may be that your account is awaiting moderation/email activation.

Please keep in mind that this is an OPEN BETA server, it is still unfinished although you can still have fun, either alone or with your friends.

Also, feel free to report any kind of bugs, errors; or share some thoughts, ideas, etc...

Thank you for your time, patience, devotion, and above all, my gratitude for your loyalty to our community.

My regards to every single one of you.

"LET'S ROCK!"

PS: Feel free to join our Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/WMa9psC

TROUBLESHOOTING / FIXES:
- Disable Firewalls and/or Anti-Virus or add the DRGunZ executable files to the exceptions/safe list, both Zlauncher.exe and Gunz.exe.

- Run both Zlauncher.exe and Gunz.exe as Administrator, right-click on the files - properties - go to compatibility mode - check the "run as administrator" box.

- Update to the latest Microsoft Visual C++ (2017) - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads - Make sure you select the correct version: x86/32bits OR x64/64bits
- Update to the latest .NET Framework (4.7.2) - https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/thank-you/net472

- Stuck on windowed mode, solution by Firemayer:
Go in your gunz folder and edit config.xml
Place your screen resolution in WIDTH and HEIGHT and put 0 in SCREENMODE for fullscreen.
Should look like this after
<WIDTH>1920</WIDTH>
<HEIGHT>1080</HEIGHT>
<SCREENMODE>0</SCREENMODE>

- Crash when loading the client, solution by Firemayer:
Go in your gunz folder and edit config.xml.
Go to the <CUSTOM></CUSTOM> part and:
change <ENABLECUSTOMMUSIC></ENABLECUSTOMMUSIC> to false
change <MUSICFOLDER></MUSICFOLDER> from -1 or 1 to 0
Should look like this after:
<CUSTOM>
<DISABLE_SW>false</DISABLE_SW>
<TRAILOPTION>false</TRAILOPTION>
<FPSOVERLAY>false</FPSOVERLAY>
<ENABLECUSTOMMUSIC>false</ENABLECUSTOMMUSIC>
<MUSICFOLDER>0</MUSICFOLDER>
<NEWRENDERER>false</NEWRENDERER>
<D3D9EX>FALSE</D3D9EX>
</CUSTOM>
!!! DRGunZ 2018 live and loud:
Such Robotech. So high-end. Much solid metal. Very wow.

LOLWAT? A Mini-Metal Gear? Dropped by swinging my Infamous Sharp Hat.

No Skellies or Unholy creatures were harmed during this power levelin...*cough*...BETA testing.

Last edited by a moderator:

dyerca

Been on it i dont know if they are supposed to be in it or not but you can access gm body which gives you max health and also the level 1 submachines give 200 dmg

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Been on it i dont know if they are supposed to be in it or not but you can access gm body which gives you max health and also the level 1 submachines give 200 dmg
Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess :D It's useful for Quest and Survival modes! :)

And thank you for testing our new DRGunZ client :]

dyerca

I just didnt want end up getting banned for using the items and not reporting the issue [not-sure]

xTheSaintx

Good to see some nostalgia ill see about contrubuting some folders of models and code for certain things its been a while just gotta find the hdd. I dont think gunz as a whole has life in it anymore but its the nostalgia and fun involved so we will see. Cheers and good luck guys.

Hijacked

Ex-Staff/Premium/E.Master
My client isn't loading properly, it's in windowed mode and I can't find the way to make it go full screen.

I'm not able to create any characters nor do anything because I can't click on "create", lol.

I've done all the steps correctly and also ran as administrator. :/

https://ibb.co/gkrL1z

The image command doesn't seems to work either, heh.

Last edited:

dyerca

Good to see some nostalgia ill see about contrubuting some folders of models and code for certain things its been a while just gotta find the hdd. I dont think gunz as a whole has life in it anymore but its the nostalgia and fun involved so we will see. Cheers and good luck guys.
Did the same with me i managed to get it working by changing screen resolotion and putting taskbar on the side of screen managed to get create a character button then changed to full screen in settings

firemayer

Support Team, Original Arcade King
Staff member
My client isn't loading properly, it's in windowed mode and I can't find the way to make it go full screen.
Go in your gunz folder and Edit config.xml
Place your screen resolution in WIDTH and HEIGHT and put 0 in SCREENMODE for fullscreen.

<WIDTH>1920</WIDTH>
<HEIGHT>1080</HEIGHT>

Edit: windowed mode messes with the layout a little bit so fullscreen will solve your "creation" problem

Last edited:

Laughter

In my mind's eye
Sadly i'm getting a crash when loading the client up.
Did the patch, ran as admin, allowed the app through the firewall.

Any ideas let me know!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
I just didnt want end up getting banned for using the items and not reporting the issue [not-sure]
Don't worry about it, you did the right thing; besides, this is an Open Beta, it's a testing game client for now.

All aid will be kindly appreciated.

I'm not able to create any characters nor do anything because I can't click on "create", lol.
I've done all the steps correctly and also ran as administrator. :/
https://ibb.co/gkrL1z
The image command doesn't seems to work either, heh.
Did the same with me i managed to get it working by changing screen resolotion and putting taskbar on the side of screen managed to get create a character button then changed to full screen in settings
Go in your gunz folder and Edit config.xml

<WIDTH>1920</WIDTH>
<HEIGHT>1080</HEIGHT>

For the creation part I have no idea
Any ideas let me know!
Thank you all for the feedback, bug reports and possible solutions.

Kaspersky's Anti-Virus warned me about the installer, everything else ran perfectly on my end.

Try disabling any kind of Anti-Virus software if you have installed.

Also, try updating "Microsoft Visual C++" and ".NET Framework" - just google both of them, go directly and ONLY to secure Microsoft links, download the installers and run them according to your operative system version.

Or go here:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads - Make sure you select the correct version: x86/32bits OR x64/64bits

.NET Framework 4.7.2 - https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/thank-you/net472

If all of the above still doesn't allow you to play, try tampering a bit with Windows Compatibility, select Windows 8, Windows 7, and it might work.

Feel free to get on our Discord Channel, we can probably guide you guys better from there - https://discord.gg/WMa9psC

And please be patient, at the moment we're kinda short on staff, heh.

Lastly, it's good to see you guys :]

firemayer

Support Team, Original Arcade King
Staff member

Any ideas let me know!
I had the same problem and this worked for me:

<CUSTOM>
<D3D9EX>FALSE</D3D9EX>
</CUSTOM>

If it is something else let me know

Laughter

In my mind's eye
I had the same problem and this worked for me:

<CUSTOM>
<D3D9EX>FALSE</D3D9EX>
</CUSTOM>

If it is something else let me know
Yup that made it work, cheers!

Umi

Donator
Just some things I noticed playing (forgive me if these are already known)

- GM stuff in shop (coat and gun)
- Event jjang sometimes shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Looks to be client side maybe? Haven't seen it on other people so far
- After being flipped, you can dash away
- Boss drops seem iffy to me, may not work 100%. Maybe I got unlucky with drops :p
- Changing resolution makes the whole game look weird for me (Windows 10)
- Quest XP is not boosted

Great work otherwise :D

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
I edited the main post, but I wanted to let everyone know of a crucial detail.

Because the GunZ server is set up to be a SSO (Single Sign-On) account based system, we have a database program that takes the data from our forum database from the webserver and transfers it into the gunz database on the VPS. That program is set to update every 5 minutes! If you're getting a NOMSG error, or it says you cant log in for some reason. Please wait like 5 minutes for any account information to update then try again! (If you get the NOMSG error, please contact one of us. It might be that your account is awaiting email activation)

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
I want to remind everyone that Nibelheim is part of the Retired Staff group. Please do not message him for problems regarding GunZ or the forums. He only moderates the DR Discord as he doesn't have the time that he used to put in for DR as a whole.

Thanks!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to, but I chose not to. You guys are way too cool.

Thanks, heh, everything noted and being taken cared of.

I edited the main post, but I wanted to let everyone know of a crucial detail.

Because the GunZ server is set up to be a SSO (Single Sign-On) account based system, we have a database program that takes the data from our forum database from the webserver and transfers it into the gunz database on the VPS. That program is set to update every 5 minutes! If you're getting a NOMSG error, or it says you cant log in for some reason. Please wait like 5 minutes for any account information to update then try again! (If you get the NOMSG error, please contact one of us. It might be that your account is awaiting email activation)
I want to remind everyone that Nibelheim is part of the Retired Staff group. Please do not message him for problems regarding GunZ or the forums. He only moderates the DR Discord as he doesn't have the time that he used to put in for DR as a whole.

Thanks!
Let's keep in mind NOT to use bogus/dummy emails like yandex.org, sharpez.jam, or anything that's flagged as spam; just use gmail or hotmail/outlook, your regular every day email.

In order to activate a forum account, you must have an eligible email account to receive the forum account activation email - which will further sync with the ingame DRGunz database so you can play.

O'Donnell

Hey everyone, haven't played on here since probably 2013
Anyway I'm having an issue starting the game, the first time I ran the desktop icon as admin, it opened and I started the patch
Then the window closed
Then a very small window popped up that said zupdater, then it disappeared so I waited assuming it would reopen automatically
It didn't so I tried running the icon as admin again and it said "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Please help this plebian returning player!
Thanks in advance