Event Timer [Suggestion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
Instead of always updating it, why not make a queue, like FB's post queue?

In example:

Code:
Date: day/month
Time: 13:37
Approx. event length*: 420 minutes
*HnS can take up to hours, so put 1440 minutes

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]The event timer works properly as long as the host provides an accurated timer, the main problem is somebody else editing it, since the feature takes the editor's timezone as reference so if I editted it to be at 10 PM, it'll be my 10 PM and yours would be different timing but still the timer would be the same for everyone.
That's why I already asked Terumi to bring a link that matches his time, this also goes to anybody else hosting an event.
[/glow]

Sacrifices

[glow="lime"]The event timer works properly as long as the host provides an accurated timer, the main problem is somebody else editing it, since the feature takes the editor's timezone as reference so if I editted it to be at 10 PM, it'll be my 10 PM and yours would be different timing but still the timer would be the same for everyone.
That's why I already asked Terumi to bring a link that matches his time, this also goes to anybody else hosting an event.
[/glow]
It's pretty simple to use UTC, just see if it's DLS or not. Adjust it as needed.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty simple to use UTC, just see if it's DLS or not. Adjust it as needed.
[glow="lime"]It's not a matter of simplicity but a matter of confirming the accuracy of the timer.[/glow]

Terumi

Donator
[glow="lime"]It's not a matter of simplicity but a matter of confirming the accuracy of the timer.[/glow]
if it so damn complicated just to set a time ain't it easier to try something else or make it better but in honestly i don't want do extra work set a time i rather do an event twice a month when there more then enough people are on

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
I'll try to look for a better Timer. I installed the current one.

Sacrifices

I'll try to look for a better Timer. I installed the current one.
Hey Wesley, long time no see!

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

Simplicity makes everything easier. If you set the timer to recognize time zones (like a drop down menu) it would make it a hell of a lot easier for those who want to host events.

Mataissh

and also the hoster should show up on time which seems to also be a problem

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]How can you tell he was timely or not if there were several problems with the timer....?[/glow]

Terumi

Donator
you probably saw the wrong time i was on hour early and also had pre-event deathmatch, hence why this thread is made

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
We stayed for an hour and 30 minutes before we left.
[glow="lime"]As far I remember, that day NP said "the timer says still 3 hours" (which was when the timer was accurate), and then I noticed the timer was touched, so I believe you guys went off 30 minutes before Terumi actually showed up saying that there still was 1 hour untill the event. The main problem I noticed was that there were 2 people talking about the timer's accuracy when it should have been one, the host.
Now I know that Terumi and me are 5 hours away it shouldn't be a problem in the future unless there's a season time change which is in about 1 month.
Anyway, the thread here is about suggesting about the timer and not about who did what wrong, and since that has been dealt with already (what I instructed, event hosters to bring a link with their time and also Wesley saying that the lastest version is installed) then this thread has already served its purpose.

Thread Closed.
[/glow]

Status
Not open for further replies.