Forum downtime WARNING

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

The current paypal account I am using to pay DR's bills, my cousin's account, has reached its limits, and at the moment, we have no credit cards to lift those limits. Our current sponsor Prime has donated the required amount - 11.95$ - however, Paypal doesn't allow me to make the payment...And tomorrow, the 21st, is the deadline.

I have already made a new Paypal account and I'm waiting for it to be verified, once that happens in 1-3 days, or even before, the forums will be back up.

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience caused, paypal is shit, pardon my french.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
What about the sponsor "Koron" ?
Or I can host it for free.
@Benjamin: Both Eli2 and Koron are no longer in a financial position in which they can aid us.

@Ryan: Koron also made the same proposal, to host our forums, which we appreciate from the both of you, yet we prefer using a big hosting company, that happens to be one of the best on the planet. Please don't think it's a matter of trust, it's just that we would never put ourselves in a position in which, if anything 'bad' happened to one person, we would lose everything.

Anyway, I've already paid the forums/webservers approx. 4 hours ago, so it's all good now.

I apologize again for any downtime period.

Thank you all.

Ryan

Unix God
@Ryan: Koron also made the same proposal, to host our forums, which we appreciate from the both of you, yet we prefer using a big hosting company, that happens to be one of the best on the planet. Please don't think it's a matter of trust, it's just that we would never put ourselves in a position in which, if anything 'bad' happened to one person, we would lose everything.
I see Neo, does that also mean the minecraft server aswell as proposed.

Prime

BOSS
Hey Neo! PM me for next billing date please!

thanks!

Madao

Myself from the past will remember it.

Is it 11,95 every month btw? It used to be more lively on here.

Edit: Mystery Solved. After going through few older threads I was able to find out how much the server and website costs.

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Myself from the past will remember it.

Is it 11,95 every month btw? It used to be more lively on here.

Edit: Mystery Solved. After going through few older threads I was able to find out how much the server and website costs.
We've always kept things as transparent as possible, the forums used to be 9.95$ but Hostgator raised the price at the end of the year.

Anyway, if anyone here has skype, or other contact means, with our sponsor, Prime, could you please tell me that the forum's bill became overdue today? heh

Don't want the forums to get suspended :]

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
So the forums went down, Hostgator was kind enough to provide a 10 day grace period, since the bill is due on the 1st, and overdue on the 11th.

If it's not paid until the 21st, then the forums will go down.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
That's not happening.

Closing DRGunz was already dreadful enough, we left behind a glorious legacy in which we were pioneers on several aspects of Gunz development, and we were the only Gunz pserver that stood alive for 10 entire years.

Daemons Ring is not closing anytime soon, we have other games in the process of being hosted, and we will keep the bigger legacy that was born in 2003 alive until we stop breathing.

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
That's not happening.

Closing DRGunz was already dreadful enough, we left behind a glorious legacy in which we were pioneers on several aspects of Gunz development, and we were the only Gunz pserver that stood alive for 10 entire years.

Daemons Ring is not closing anytime soon, we have other games in the process of being hosted, and we will keep the bigger legacy that was born in 2003 alive until we stop breathing.
I will happily sponsor again Neo, please message me back on FB

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
That's not happening.

Great reply neo !