HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY - NOSTALGIA TIME - SHARE YOUR MEMORIES, LET'S REMINISCE!

Lone

Retired Staff
Albeit couple days late...

Happy belated Anniversary :D

Goddaaaaaamn it really has been a while.

The very first screenshot I took from DRGunZ was 8 years ago, and the last screenshot is from from 4 years ago. I was playing GunZ for four years, and I have to admit, I had real great fun.

I've met many people, and I've forgotten many people. That same could be applied on others. Many people met me, and many people have forgotten me. Nowadays I don't talk to anyone from DR anymore, so I feel like this community could use a refresher of who I was.

I am that one trench coat sniper guy named The_Elite. Ready to shake up the room my large sword or my dual sniper combo. I am that one obnoxious sprayer and grenade spammer named Ersanio, ready to piss everyone the fuck off. I've been in various clans, the most notable ones being "Cops" and "Clockwork". However, from what I've gathered from my 1000+ screenshots, I was more like some immature, smartass, edgy kid who loved to laugh at his own "lolrandom" jokes and make fun of other people. I also liked to call myself "fux pro" apparently. I don't understand how you guys put up with my attitude for four years, lmao.

Below is a link of some notable screenshots I took out of the 1000+. I didn't check every screenshot thoroughly of course, but I think these were the ones which stood out quite a bit compared to the rest (the "rest" being screenshots of angry people flaming and people who are having a real damn difficult time with communication. Because y'know, those are 'funny').

http://imgur.com/a/0rlfB

Nowadays I'm on Twitch, Twitter and YouTube. After DRGunZ I picked up another MMO, which you will most likely notice if you visit my YouTube channel, but I will never forget DR.

Thank you guys for the good times, really. And good luck in the community's future projects. Maybe I'll casually drop by again in-game if you guys ever decide to bring back DRGunZ, dunno. We'll see.

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
I was more like some immature, smartass, edgy kid who loved to laugh at his own "lolrandom" jokes and make fun of other people. I also liked to call myself "fux pro" apparently
Hello,

I remember you as a regular person who simply had fun around here.

It's always good seeing another familiar name :]

Blissful

Donator
I wish I had made more memories like that, I was mostly a competive CW player and egoed the fk out of rooms because I had 30 FPS and coudn't stop whining.
Was nice seeing those pictures man!
WElcome back

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, I haven't seen the whole gallery :]

This wasn't me for sure...I barely cursed on server broadcasts, and I don't use the term 'faggot'.

But this seems a bunch of NeoDios though...lol n3o

Side-note: Asja/Ebru...Hot. Hot. Hot.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]How's she doing? D:[/glow]
Saw her on Facebook recently, incredibly beautiful as always... Along with Beauty/Grym and Ashley/Mayu, those 3 are the most beautiful female elements that the DR community ever had.

Mackintosh

Daemons Ring Founder
Hi everyone :)

Haven't logged into these forums in years...
10 years, wow... We picked one hell of a staff member in 2006 XD

I'm happy to see the site is in the hands of the community
and no longer being fought over... or hacked (*cough* Phail)...

I was still a novice programmer back when I created the community.
In the earlier years it would of not been possible without NeoDio's help
and support growing the community. Kolie which I hated back then for taking
control also deserves some credit. He laid the ground work for reverse engineering
the GunZ protocol. I imagine this took hundreds of hours of his time to finally complete NoX.

So what happened to me?

After splitting out and creating my own GunZ server GAMENAO I became
overwhelmed with my University studies. I actually had a semester of school where
I failed every single course since I was too busy growing my own community...
This lead to the demise of GAMENAO. Some community members took it pretty hard.
I no longer talk with Dollface and other members since we shut down.

What a lot of people don't realize is that growing a community is a full time job.
I had other dreams I wanted to chase after which is why I decided to give it up.
I'm always in awe when I re-visit daemons ring and see that its still active. NeoDio
deserves the most credit here. I'm happy to see he's the owner now :)

Where am I now?

After graduating I moved to Japan. I'm now living the
dream happily married to a Japanese wife with a cozy desk job here in Tokyo.

I just want to say another big thanks to Neo for supporting the community
this long :) Happy 10th anniversary!

Also if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

P.S. Thanks for the title!

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone :)

Haven't logged into these forums in years...
10 years, wow... We picked one hell of a staff member in 2006 XD

I'm happy to see the site is in the hands of the community
and no longer being fought over... or hacked (*cough* Phail)...

I was still a novice programmer back when I created the community.
In the earlier years it would of not been possible without NeoDio's help
and support growing the community. Kolie which I hated back then for taking
control also deserves some credit. He laid the ground work for reverse engineering
the GunZ protocol. I imagine this took hundreds of hours of his time to finally complete NoX.

So what happened to me?

After splitting out and creating my own GunZ server GAMENAO I became
overwhelmed with my University studies. I actually had a semester of school where
I failed every single course since I was too busy growing my own community...
This lead to the demise of GAMENAO. Some community members took it pretty hard.
I no longer talk with Dollface and other members since we shut down.

What a lot of people don't realize is that growing a community is a full time job.
I had other dreams I wanted to chase after which is why I decided to give it up.
I'm always in awe when I re-visit daemons ring and see that its still active. NeoDio
deserves the most credit here. I'm happy to see he's the owner now :)

Where am I now?

After graduating I moved to Japan. I'm now living the
dream happily married to a Japanese wife with a cozy desk job here in Tokyo.

I just want to say another big thanks to Neo for supporting the community
this long :) Happy 10th anniversary!

Also if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

P.S. Thanks for the title!
There's that expression: "The prodigal child returns" - you're not a child, but you get the point. It's good to have you here, Rick.

Thank you for your words, but I wouldn't have pulled this off without the help of all the staff members that crossed our paths during the past 10 years, neither without the support and presence of the entire community itself. I guess we've all became a big, united, and cherished virtual family, my second family.

kolie was a baddie most of the time, not by malice, but probably because he liked to fool around with everyone. He does indeed deserve his credit, which I didn't hesitate to mention here on RaGEZONE: http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/daemons-ring-gunz-3-0-a-1122884/ - When I decided to release all of our old files that we probably won't be using in the future, since the game client we've built up to 2012 was so stacked up with custom stuff that it literally ate 1GB+ RAM... (Note: Don't forget the lowercase "k", I'll cease this opportunity to clarify that, some people might believe that I always write "k"olie as a form of despise, but that was actually his wish.)

It was one hell of a ride, and I will never forget that day back in 2006 when you just gave me a scenario.xml and told me to balance Quest/PvE mode because my journey through GunZ was mostly dedicated to Quest mode, and further on, to Event hosting; it's sad you weren't here to witness those insane "Kill NeoDio Events" that lasted 2-3 hours always with full rooms, where my virtual entity was literally equal to MMORPG's raid bosses :]

My gratitude once more for your words, you honor me, you honor all of us, and I will always pay homage to you for creating all of this.

It's good to have you home, old friend.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
I remember Damage was hosting HnS, and Abbey and I hid on a ledge. He kept missing, despite holding down m1 and shaking his mouse furiously.