• no, lets give up

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • WoW isn't the best option.

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Damage

Retired Staff
WoW? Maybe not afterall.

World of Warcraft doesn't seem to be a great idea afterall, Dragon Nest could be something we can do in the future. For now lets stick to Minecraft.

Last edited:

Roro

Isn't the point and click era dying because of the action-combat MMOs and other types coming out (TERA/Blade&Souls/Smite/Neverwinter/Skyforge/Guild Wars 2/Wildstar/etc.)?

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
I will try make it, its seems simple.

Damage

Retired Staff
Isn't the point and click era dying because of the action-combat MMOs and other types coming out (TERA/Blade&Souls/Smite/Neverwinter/Skyforge/Guild Wars 2/Wildstar/etc.)?
Probably, But WoW is a different story. To me it just seems like the best choice since it's not that hard to host and has a huge amount of players and let's not forget that wow just never stops making updates. But yeah maybe? These are just my thoughts i could be wrong. We could also host a Tera server. Wow is just a game that won't die and always will have alot of players.

Roro

Probably, But WoW is a different story. To me it just seems like the best choice since it's not that hard to host and has a huge amount of players and let's not forget that wow just never stops making updates. But yeah maybe? These are just my thoughts i could be wrong. We could also host a Tera server.
Seems a bit too late to get into the market. There's multiple established WoW servers already. I doubt DR will be able to gather much.

Why not just stick with GunZ?

Damage

Retired Staff
Seems a bit too late to get into the market. There's multiple established WoW servers already. I doubt DR will be able to gather much.

Why not just stick with GunZ?
Well we did for a long time and it hasn't brought any players. The playeramount of Gunz in general is just very low the game is old and things like k-style just make it hard for new players. Gunz is dead.
I don't think it's too late, i remember searching for new gunz servers just to be a part of it from the beginning. The last year(s) we did'nt even have a homepage and everything went through the forum wich isn't a nice face at all especially for people that don't know DR yet but still we had alot of new people joining every day, the only problem was they did'nt stay. this should be eazier with wow all we need is a good site so it's inviting and if it just runs 24/7 im pretty sure we can slowly climb up the ladders of the wow private servers.

Last edited:

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
WoW PServers are over saturated. There isn't any point in wasting money on a server.

Damage

Retired Staff
WoW PServers are over saturated. There isn't any point in wasting money on a server.
When i was a Gunz GM i saw new people joining us every single day. WoW has a way bigger population. If we play our cards right we can totally pull it off. atleast that's what i'm thinking.
And ofcourse your right but should'nt we do something? WoW seems like a better option than everything else to me.
We should atleast host something else that is very populated and won't die out like Gunz and just put everything we have into that it doesn't have to be WoW.

Last edited:

Hijacked

Ex-Staff/Premium/E.Master
The MC server had an average of 10-20 people online everyday. We surely need to bounce back with that ~coming soon~ final patch and advertising. I think DR needs to host other games, but I don't think that WoW is the best solution.

Roro

Well we did for a long time and it hasn't brought any players. The playeramount of Gunz in general is just very low the game is old and things like k-style just make it hard for new players. Gunz is dead.
I don't think it's too late, i remember searching for new gunz servers just to be a part of it from the beginning. The last year(s) we did'nt even have a homepage and everything went through the forum wich isn't a nice face at all especially for people that don't know DR yet but still we had alot of new people joining every day, the only problem was they did'nt stay. this should be eazier with wow all we need is a good site so it's inviting and if it just runs 24/7 im pretty sure we can slowly climb up the ladders of the wow private servers.
Fair enough but with how saturated WoW pservers, I doubt it'll work.

Why not try another game instead?

Nine

Game Master
Staff member
Regarding a private server for Minecraft... It isn't considered a private server if you are running with a legit minecraft account without going through some holes to get a hacked MC client which we have to provide to the general public. As far as I am aware, that Minecraft is pretty big in population and wouldn't take much to get people to play. We just need to advertise on the minecraft forums, get builders, and make sure that we have the right plugins.

We have been postponing doing anything until I get a laptop which I did order so it should be here next week. I'll start working with people to get a minecraft server started up.

Damage

Retired Staff
Regarding a private server for Minecraft... It isn't considered a private server if you are running with a legit minecraft account without going through some holes to get a hacked MC client which we have to provide to the general public. As far as I am aware, that Minecraft is pretty big in population and wouldn't take much to get people to play. We just need to advertise on the minecraft forums, get builders, and make sure that we have the right plugins.

We have been postponing doing anything until I get a laptop which I did order so it should be here next week. I'll start working with people to get a minecraft server started up.
The reason I dont believe in MC is because we used to have a server and that wasnt anything great. Maybe it Will be better now but I just dont believe in it. We are better off with something like mu or wow or just change into a steam community. If we wont go for wow than mu is the second choice. I think these are great gunz replacements. Im not really into minecraft so I dont know much About it maybe the game is bigger than I think it is and It can really bring something to DR if thats the case we should go for it but if it Will be the same as last time its just a waste of time n money. I want DR to just change into something New gunz is over. Wow wont die out and has a large community.

Last edited:

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
I initially put "let's give up" Without reading the thread first, so ignore my answer on the poll.

However, I don't think WoW is the best option, as it has been said before, there are many well established servers out there already, you will need to find staff who are willing to commit and help develop the server, and of course get a decent website going which has all the information required.

Nine

Game Master
Staff member
The reason I dont believe in MC is because we used to have a server and that wasnt anything great. Maybe it Will be better now but I just dont believe in it. We are better off with something like mu or wow or just change into a steam community. If we wont go for wow than mu is the second choice. I think these are great gunz replacements. Im not really into minecraft so I dont know much About it maybe the game is bigger than I think it is and It can really bring something to DR if thats the case we should go for it but if it Will be the same as last time its just a waste of time n money. I want DR to just change into something New gunz is over. Wow wont die out and has a large community.
Trying to develop WoW is whats going to throw this idea out just because we don't have the man power to do it.

We have Ryan here that is letting us use his server as we like for minecraft which isn't costing us anything. I can't see myself throwing money for a server to run WoW... Im sorry but ideally we need a game that won't cause stress on people's pocket unless they are willing to do which I don't see anyone here willing to do it at this moment. Hell we can run Minecraft off a very little vps server which would cost like 5 bucks which probably will be a linux server lol.