Music thread

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Hello, I'm part of the Music Usergroup of DR, and since it wasn't very active in the only discussion we had back then, I'd like to bring it here to off-topic.

What are your musical interests?
- Have you had an approach into other artistic disciplines?

Do you play any instruments?
- Are you interested in learning?

Do you want to share music of your like? Here!
[/glow]

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
Alto Saxophone - First started in first year of middle school. About 13 years of experience now.
Bass Guitar - My second instrument I learned. About 7 years.
Guitar - Learned this around the same time as Bass. About 7 years.
Piano - Took Piano class in High School, and have always been on and off with it. About 6 years experience.
Banjo - Just started. Less than 2 months experience.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea! :]

I was a drummer from back in the late 90s on ShadowKing - one of Oporto's most charismatic heavy metal garage bands! We dropped everything when 3 of us started university and our lead singer went to England to live with his brother.

I'm gonna try to find some old tapes so you guys can hear me roar while I smash kick that hydraulic pedal.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Just realized this is the 6666th thread in the forums...... the number follows me everywhere 0.0
Anyway, there are few styles that I can't stand, I like most music (this includes rap, 20th century atonal music schools and even electroaccoustical lately).
[/glow]

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
Mandolin - mandolin is similar to guitar, I have about 2 years experience.

Wesley

Staff member
I need to learn me some Mandolin. I should get one.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Ever tried Clarinet, Wes? I hear it's similar to sax.... I wanna learn Clarinet, but first I need one x.x[/glow]

Wesley

Staff member
I've like played around with one before, but I didnt get into it. The Soprano Saxophone (which is another instrument I really want) is structurally similar to a clarinet, but way higher range.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
is structurally similar to a clarinet, but way higher range.
[glow="lime"]That and it's sound is what I love about the Clarinet.... gotta get one *.*[/glow]

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Been like a week since I got it... playing part of Eric Satie's Gnossiennes[/glow]

[video]https://www.facebook.com/axel.ar.52/videos/1453826484657657/[/video]

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
Got a new mix.
funny coincedence, I've been compared to Jameriquai from someone recently...

https://soundcloud.com/neoncity-official/one-day-fly
[glow="lime"]Dunno if you've seen this thread before Veryl, but I made a good while ago.....
I can answer you theoretically why you were compared with Jamiroquai...
It's the nature of the chords you selected.
Chords with 7th, modal harmonies, some chords do also have 13th and other tensions, and the sound you selected for these chords too.
For someone with a trained ear like me the sound makes me a bit dizzy with all those sound bendings, still it's pretty good.
Also, the harmony has a lot in common with popular japanese songs (remembering a bit of your past stuff that I also heard).
[/glow]

Blissful

Donator
i played clarinet before but the reeds I had were cheap and the clarinet was cheap, it was in elementary school.

i think maybe i produced too much spit back then.
it was kinda disgusting.

but I like the rich sounds you played near the end of that video, Mitsu.

I think oboe would be a nice instrument.

would love see u play that. =)
and I have alwayed wanted piano..but i cannot afford piano..and keyboard is shit..and this keybaord too small lol

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
i played clarinet before but the reeds I had were cheap and the clarinet was cheap, it was in elementary school.

i think maybe i produced too much spit back then.
it was kinda disgusting.

but I like the rich sounds you played near the end of that video, Mitsu.

I think oboe would be a nice instrument.

would love see u play that. =)
and I have alwayed wanted piano..but i cannot afford piano..and keyboard is shit..and this keybaord too small lol
[glow="lime"]Thank you, but that clarinet is also cheap xD
I want to get a better one this year, but it might take a little effort...
Had to save up all the financial aid I get from university in order to get a decent electronic Piano (complete keyboard, keys with weight and what not).
I know how frustrating it can be to use a cheap instrument for learning, and about the saliva part... I happens with all the winds in general, the more sophisticated brass have saliva chambers for that (opening that thing is just.... ewwww), but the more you practice, the less spit you throw inside, as salivating excesively has to do with unecessary effort put into producing the sound.

As for the oboe.... I love it's sound, I'd acquire one if it wasn't just so fucking expensive like omg it's as expensive as a car in here.
[/glow]

Blissful

Donator
[glow="lime"]Thank you, but that clarinet is also cheap xD
I want to get a better one this year, but it might take a little effort...
Had to save up all the financial aid I get from university in order to get a decent electronic Piano (complete keyboard, keys with weight and what not).
I know how frustrating it can be to use a cheap instrument for learning, and about the saliva part... I happens with all the winds in general, the more sophisticated brass have saliva chambers for that (opening that thing is just.... ewwww), but the more you practice, the less spit you throw inside, as salivating excesively has to do with unecessary effort put into producing the sound.

As for the oboe.... I love it's sound, I'd acquire one if it wasn't just so fucking expensive like omg it's as expensive as a car in here.
[/glow]
you r motivation =)

good luck bro ^^

Milan

u remember :3

u are really smart *-*

My mixes and mastering is so bad.
But this song is pretty clean I think

https://soundcloud.com/neoncity-official/faded

Faded- Marle stone

Hence my japanese weaboo principles I am creating my own vocaloid with mikumikudance x3

And he rap x3

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Sounds like a balade (all that panning at the beginnign though o.o).
Nice o:!
[/glow]

Veryl

The Little Devil
[glow="lime"]Sounds like a balade (all that panning at the beginnign though o.o).
Nice o:!
[/glow]

Yeah I got some nice VST plugins across the web, all free except my synth...
I keep getting better at mixing so I wanna post new content but ya gotta keep that fresh impression...
For a musician it's normal to repeat the song over and over but to impress ima try and stay as late as possible

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I got some nice VST plugins across the web, all free except my synth...
I keep getting better at mixing so I wanna post new content but ya gotta keep that fresh impression...
For a musician it's normal to repeat the song over and over but to impress ima try and stay as late as possible
[glow="lime"]"Unity and variety"
From Walter Piston's 'Harmony'.
[/glow]