[Neo] January 2016 Community Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello my friends.

It is with a heavy heart that I begin to type this post.

As most of you have obviously noticed, there was no DRGunz "X-Mas Patch", like we have announced. Not only some of us became absent due to the Holiday festivities and celebrations; but also, very unfortunately, our lead programmer Gunblade is having real life problems and had to quit his position for a while.

However, despite this unfortunate happening, let it be known, beyond any doubt, that Gunblade has had an exceptional and brilliant role as our lead programmer, with the aid of our fellow colleagues Nick/Lib and Jeff/Jetman, who also contributed and helped DR. Our current server/client is considered by many to be far superior and better than some of the other popular Gunz servers; please do not consider such affirmation as arrogance on my end, for I am making this statement based solely on several players' opinions, unfortunately I barely play the game anymore to make such personal judgment.

We will therefore, polish our DRGunZ server/client a bit more, possibly include some of the functions/perks that Gunblade intended to add, and we will still make our "final stand" in the world of private Gunz servers; because after all, we are the oldest, and once the very best, Gunz server that still exists - DRGunZ is turning 10 years old in this current year of 2016, an entire decade, it's really incredible, how times goes by way too fast!

With all of the above said, I would just like to add that we currently have no ETA regarding the release of our final DRGunZ client, but only that you will be informed about it in a very near future.

Lastly, without diverting your attention into other games we might have, condemning DRGunZ to its demise, we might start 'seriously' debating the next game or games we will host.

Yes, because we are not going to become some dead forums, even worse than we are now; neither we'll become just some debate forums - we will not stop providing free games for all of you, because after all, that's what we're all here for, to provide entertainment to those who follow us and support us.

We have always striven, and we will keep making our best efforts to give you the best free gaming experience; but please remember that we are all human and volunteers, we all have our own personal lives, and none of us is having any kind of personal profit with the Daemons Ring Gaming Network.

In reality, it's been nearly almost always us, the staff, and our two sponsors paying our bills since 2012; so we eventually need to find a way of subsistence, in a very near future as well.

Thank you all for your attention, understanding, and continued support - because without all of you, it wouldn't make sense for us, the staff, to be here either, so I really appreciate everything, from the bottom of my heart!

Best regards to all of Daemons Ring members, hoping that you have all had great Holidays,

Neo / Diogo

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Actual issues are mainly xml, we don't need a coder for that and can be fixed on the march of this polished client.[/glow]

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
Hello
First, i think its the BEST gaming community. ingame i saw very good persons and i enjoy every time i login :)
AnyWay "If The World Will Burn" i will still play DR GunZ :D

i enjoy always. idc how many players will be, i will always enjoy :D
Benjamin

Jetman

DR Staff Senior Developer
Staff member
The main issues that i've noticed were thigns liek grenadeshots in CQ not working properly, which I shared that fix with Gunblade. It's pretty easy to implement that fix, if anyone has trouble with it Dio let me know and I can talk them through it.

Agecaner

With all of the above said, I would just like to add that we currently have no ETA regarding the release of our final DRGunZ client, but only that you will be informed about it in a very near future.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
new year same dr
[glow="lime"]Just wth are both of you talking about? Gunblade busted his ass bringing up a smooth client with minor issues and that's what both of you have to say? the no ETA part means final, sure it's incomplete, but it's almost full-fledged too and both of you instead of acknowledge what's been done so far just came here to drop those post only after reading "no ETA"?
Unbelievable....
[/glow]

Beauty

DR Minecraft Staff
Staff member
new year same dr
From a former staff member to another.
You both disgust me, instead of showing some support to the same people who made you apart of the team at one point, you sit there with some heavy balls. You dare ridicule DR and the developers with your lame ass comments? With that said, to be more direct, in the past year there has been so many patches, so many fixes, so many additions to DR that has never been seen before to date. Yet you, Agecancer going to sit there and say things never change? A whole fuck ton of shit has changed within the past 2 years alone. A lot for the better of DR and it's community. Yoshi, you were straight up a nuisance to the team. You ain't contribute to shit. Thus your stay as a staff member was short and quick. The fact that you're allowed to rock the Retired tag is straight up a mind fuck. Need I say more? 'new year same DR' If you're expecting change
be the cause of change if not baah your sheep ass back to the corner. That goes to every single one of you cry babies here on out. If you aren't about to make a strive to see DR claim what has always been rightfully DR's then, keep your comments to yourself.

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
new year same dr
Seriously? You were staff here and this is what you have to say? You both disgust me for the lack of support your showing. I'm even surprised you still have your retired rank, you might be "retired" but you still show the community you used to work for DR, so where's the support from the "former" staff members?

Nibelheim

Administrative Team Counselor
Thanks for keeping us up to date Neo. Regardless of the unfortunate turn of events, for the staff to still keep us informed of the current happenings is always great.

But there is one thing I have to say.

After all the hours, no, after the years of my life that I have invested not only into this game, but this community... I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Agecaner and Yoshi, were it up to me right now, not only would you two be stripped of your titles that I'm sure you clearly give no fucks about, considering the attitudes displayed here, you would be permanently removed from this community and be considered a bad memory.
How dare you speak ill of a community that has literally existed this long because of how tight knit it is. The game's been done, it just needs tweaks to bring it up to speed. I don't see any work from you two put into this. In fact, I hardly recall any work you've done at all that stands out in this community. What have you done for DR? Do you pay it's bills? Do you advertise and promote the site? Do you put in any work in what's required to bring the client to it's final patch? No? Then why the fuck open your mouths where you don't belong? Unlike you little tools, I care about this community, it's people, and the image it represents and I'll be damned if I ever see some bullshit like that come from you two. I'll personally come out of retirement simply for the sake of putting you little shits back into place. Before you even dare lay a finger on a keyboard in these forums again, do stop and reconsider for a moment how little you matter to us when all you have to say are disrespectful and spiteful little comments like that. Because it can get very real when you insult a community as a whole, one that you are, oh excuse me, WERE a part of. As far as I'm concerned, you're disowned to me.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

Apologies for my delay and absence, I rarely catch the flu, but when I do, it's dreadful; so I've had a very sleepy week due to fever and meds.

I also apologize, beforehand, to all of you who've gotten upset with these two, because, given the circumstances and their past, I'm literally 'Laughing Out Loud' at this... :]

These provocateurs are irrelevant and destructive, so I'll just put a joyous response under a spoiler, in order to move on to important matters.
Let's be honest. This is highly hilarious coming from: a staff member who never actually did anything significantly relevant around here; and from another staff member who was always acting like a drama queen, constantly harassing other staff members with petty jokes because of an online relationship, and who pushed a messed up balancing patch that instantly killed the stable 50 player count we achieved without even advertising...

LOL! Good job, to the both of you! At least you've made me laugh ;] Somethings never change indeed. Thank you both, from the bottom of my heart, one for not doing anything worthy of note, and the other for constantly disrupting the staff team's harmony and for destroying DRGunZ's player count.

However, somethings actually change, so do yourselves and ourselves a favor: grow up (once and for all), or just leave and don't come back. DR is no longer a place for such type of behavior. But please, spare us from such childish mediocrity, and spare yourselves from further embarrassment.

The both of you don't even have the slightest idea of the perspective we all have about you, do you? Because if you were regular members, it would be one thing; but as ex-staff members who were completely useless and who have severely damaged this network, well, let's say that most people already looked down upon the both of you, but now, you've both become complete jokes and even more despised. Congratulations, you've both managed to stoop even lower than I ever thought possible.

As for everyone else, I truly appreciate you guys for being so protective, I really do, it warms my heart, my friends, honestly! Yet please don't get aggravated at this type of behavior coming from this type of people, it's all they can do, all they've ever known, all they ever did. Just laugh and give them a respectful dose of reality, it's always the best response to pure trolling. They probably expected me to rage endlessly as I've done in past years, but boo-hoo ***news flash*** some people actually change, by analyzing their behavioral flaws, and improving themselves - so let's wish them the best, and hope that, someday, they can become better persons.

I know a lot of you want them banned, deleted, shoved out, but I will only do one thing for now - remove their ex-staff status - because honestly, at this moment, I'm not laughing anymore, and I am truly ashamed of having such people being publicly seen as ex-staff members of this network, while behaving in such manner. If they issue anymore provocations or community disrupting attempts, well, on our rules, we have that special final note about ex-staff members, so they can just be deleted, banned, whatever, they're irrelevant and only caused harm to DR, so I really don't care.
Moving on, let's face the undeniable truth - DRGunZ was once the BEST Gunz private server, holding that position for a long time - and we were programming and modding pioneers in several aspects! We have a 10 year legacy of a game that nowadays is nearly dead, consequently, having a reputation to maintain.

We will still do our best to make a final DRGunZ release, and when the time comes to shutdown and send DRGunZ away to its well deserved sleep, well, you all know how we roll, we're going out with a BANG! Trust me, you're all going to love DRGunZ's shutdown "Act", I've started to plan it ever since the Gunz population in general started to decline. Just don't ask questions about this, because you won't have any answers heh, you'll have to wait and see. Instead of already discussing how DRGunZ will be closed, let's all hope that it has one last successful round! lol

Concluding this post, no matter what happens, we will still make our last stand before Gunz itself becomes completely forgotten in gaming history.

However, due to those sad posts, the major point I wanted to be debated went by unnoticed - NEW GAMES - my friends, shoot up some NEW GAMES for DR to host in the future!

The Daemons Ring Gaming Network is here to stay, after all, DRGunZ is becoming 10 years old this November! And despite most of us having been forced to step up in our personal lives, there are still a lot of good things that can be done around here!

Once again, thank you all, for the laughs, support, for everything! It's been a lifetime, and 10 years later, it's still good to be here! Hell yeah!

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
Its was my best 2 years :(
Thanks neo for make this PRO gunz server. I was questing,dueling and everything. I had fun everywhere and i still open for help others.
love you DR community <3

dAtura

can't believe it has been ten years, was I really 14 the first time I came to DR? always the best imo

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]It never hurts to retry......

Daemons Ring Dragon Nest!
[/glow]

Status
Not open for further replies.