[Neo - Personal and Community Update / Discord Channel / Notes]

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

1 - [Personal Update]

For the 100th time, I apologize once more to all of you for my prolonged absence and lack of motivation; as you all know, life has its own way of turning itself upside down in the blink of an eye, and since I've always been open, honest, and fair and square with you guys, let's just say that the past 3 years haven't been easy for me.

That doesn't matter now anyway, I'm here now. And if all goes well, I'm here to stay, as myself, the "real me", no longer as the shadow or raging fool that I've unconsciously and involuntarily became due to my own personal issues.

I'll cease this opportunity to apologize to anyone that I may have wronged while my mind was troubled, it wasn't my intention, but as all of you also know, DR is my home, it's "our" home, and sometimes during this lifetime, it was all I've had that was certain, solid and consistent - so yeah, I'm sorry if I unloaded my frustration on any of you because you guys were close to me.

I truly regret some of my actions, honestly! I'm human, I make mistakes, however I'm here to make amends, and also to make up for the time that was unfairly lost, both for myself, and for the staff and community members who eventually lost their faith in DR because of my absence...

Please do wish me luck in my new real life endeavors, I'm gonna need it.

2 - [Community Update]

With all of the above said, let's get down to business, shall we?

As some of you might have read on other topics, we are still planning on giving Daemons Ring Gunz one last ultimate final ride. Although progress has been slow because very few people have been working on it, a new game client has been in the works during this whole time; even I am surprised by such loyalty and devotion. Those people are Jeff/Jetman (despite his commitment with Freestyle Gunz that we respect and understand), along with Gunblade and Nialus. Obviously, along with the rest of the staff that has been taking care of the forums, especially Wesley, who is our forum administrator.

You will have DRGunz again, it might be successful as before, or it might be a complete failure, that doesn't really matter; what matters is that we are all going to try our best to give one last iteration of the game that brought us all together in here. Maybe it will last, maybe it won't, but we'll surely have some crazy events, and some "surprises" that I've planned in the past, things that you guys are surely going to enjoy, real sick and twisted cool stuff. :]

Likewise, it has been said that these forums will always be up, and during nearly the past year, it has always been Wesley paying the forum bills since we've only received one or two donations during this time span.

However, we are also planning to, well, move on, Gunz won't last forever, so, who knows? Maybe open another game if you guys and our staff team are up for it, and/or if we have the conditions and stability for it - a matter that shall be debated on these forums in a near future with everyone's input and feedback.

3 - [Discord Channel]

I barely use Skype nowadays, as most of you guys, and today I've realized that our Discord Staff Chat is far more active than our Skype Staff Group, so yeah, I've taken the liberty of opening a Daemons Ring Community Discord Channel so we can hang out like in the old days.

This is the invite link, anyone is free to join - https://discord.gg/WMa9psC - just, please remember to follow our Rules and Guidelines, or basically, just be nice and respectful towards eachother. :]

I would also like to apologize to Ian/Horrors for being an idiot when he wanted to bring Discord into DR, his intentions were the best, and the way I've dealt with him was everything but proper.

4 - [Final Notes]

Concluding, this is a new leaf, a new page, a new chapter in the Daemons Ring Gaming Network and Community. For all of those who are still around, for those who wish to come back, for those who lurk our forums without logging in, and obviously, for anyone new who wishes to join our Community.

I am truly thankful, honored and humbled to know that our "Active Members" count has always been around 450 members, that means a lot to me, it's big!

I really appreciate the fact that some of you guys still care about DR, and still visit our forums to check if there's anything new, or to just ask questions, leave a salutation, make a random post, send some private messages, etc...

It means the world to me, it truly does. It wasn't me, it was you guys - All of you, staff and players - the ones who have kept DR alive during my absence.

I can only show my utmost gratitude for that.

So: Let's Rock and get DR back up! It can't rain all the time... And although the forums are nearly dead / inactive, we're all still here hanging on for a reason, so let's make it worthwhile, I guess that's the least we can do.

Thank you all for your attention, patience, and, above all, for the interest and care that you still show and feel for DR, it's a an honor and a privilege to still be able to speak and interact with all of you.

PS: Personal note to kolie and NOPROBLEM:
If you guys read this, and despite all of our issues, first of all, I want to thank you both for the contribution, time, and work you have given to DR along the years. I must confess that, the departure of both of you wasn't easy for some of us, especially for me - it was painful - because both of you know that, deep down, I liked you guys, I still do, and I've always seen you as e-friends, I miss talking to you guys. It was really hard severing ties with the both of you. But some situations reached a critical point when it was impossible to keep working or dealing with some actions. I hope you can understand that.

Please don't interpret this as a personal attack, humiliation, or criticism, I'm just being honest, with myself, with the Community and Staff, and with the both of you. As I've said and apologized for above, I was a complete idiot sometimes and I have no trouble whatsoever of admitting it - after all, no one is perfect, we are all human, and personally, I would really like to know how you guys have been doing, along with other Community and Staff members as well that would like to communicate with you.

So if you want to come back, even if it's just to say "Hi" and/or to tell us that you are doing well in life, I'd appreciate it, as well as other people would too.

And if you're willing to just be "nice", you are more than welcome to come back and stay. Both of you are part of DR's history, DR wouldn't have been as successful as it was during 2009/2010 - with 500 constant daily players, raging Clan War, fully custom Quests, and a good environment - if you guys weren't here working along with me and the rest of the staff.

You were not forgotten, and life is too short to hold grudges - it took me 34 years to realize that, but now I am whole, I came full circle and my demons are nearly gone. (Rambo style...lol!)

Lastly, I'm sorry if you guys felt like I've wronged you, but I had to protect DR and our Community, I really had no other choice, and it wasn't my sole decision, I was under an enormous pressure. It reached a point where it was either: 1) A great majority of the Community and Staff rallying against me and leaving DR because I've tried my best to keep you guys here; 2) or, having to take the hard decision of cutting ties with you to keep everyone united and peaceful.

Know that I would really be happy if both of you could actually come back and make amends as well. All that I ask, or all that we ask, is that you guys just respect everyone, nothing more. If you're willing to be nice to us, I personally assure you that you will not be insulted, harassed, nor blamed for past actions.

While I'm at it, Whoolz, Adam, and some "undercover guys" who are around here thinking that I haven't detected them (lol) - you are all completely free to reveal yourselves and communicate openly, instead of restricting yourselves to private messages, as I've been told... There's no need to ask for unbans or whatever, past is past, and living in the past is the worst thing a person can do - it also took me 34 years to realize that.

"The past cannot be altered, one can only hope to find solace in the days to come." - Marcus Licinius Crassus, member of Ancient Rome's First Triumvirate.

"If a single life holds no value, then none are of worth!" - Spartacus, Rebel Leader of Ancient Rome's Third Servile War, aka, the Spartacus Rebellion.

This post was brought to you by:

@ 2017 @ ShadowKing / Neo / NeoDio / Diogo --- WoT™ / Wall of Text™ @ 2017 @

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Let's get this shit back together, shall we?

:]

Arya

Donator
i will always be waiting for the resurrection! I may even throw another DRGunz rap in there when it happens =] love this server and i will always return. look forward to seeing you all again soon and working with you guys in building this community up again =]

with love - Arya (Cops)

Horrors

Retired
I would also like to apologize to Ian/Horrors for being an idiot when he wanted to bring Discord into DR, his intentions were the best, and the way I've dealt with him was everything but proper.
<3

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Tragically, I've learned that time does heal nearly everything, except death.

I honestly hold no grudges against anyone, not even kolie. (with a small "k" as he always asked)

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
So, if we manage to get a VPS (a server), we can actually put up DRGunz, or at least, start testing it; possibly wrapping up a release candidate.

Blissful

Donator
So, if we manage to get a VPS (a server), we can actually put up DRGunz, or at least, start testing it; possibly wrapping up a release candidate.
What is required for that?
I can provide some funds this month coming up.

I look forward to hearing from you feeling free to talk about what it is you need, be it personal or server related or however close we make those.
I wanted to hear a more personal update..we care what you do ! It doesn't need to be explanation..just like I went to bla bla the other day and got bla bla =P
Then again you r saviour of the free world..LONG LIVE DAEMONS RING!~! =) =)

I came on here today because I thought that playing GunZ was the happiest I ever have been in my entire life =P
Except for maybe when I spent time with my girlfriend =P

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
That's great Neo, glad to see you are well, I'm glad DR is still going strong. After a rather long hiatus I'm back now, and I'm gonna stick around ;).

SuperFly

Original Don
I came on here today because I thought that playing GunZ was the happiest I ever have been in my entire life =P
I 100% agree with this.. I don't think anything could have topped those good ol' DR days. I really do miss it.

Lets bring DR back to its former glory.

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
Slowly, but surely.