[Neo] What do you expect or wish from us?

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, my friends, colleagues, and everyone.

To begin with, I'd like to congratulate, pay profound appreciation and homage to the "Active Members 328" statistic, the count of registered users who still visit our forums and community on a regular basis - a sincere thank you that extends also to the non-logged users known as "forum guests", who check up on Daemons Ring without logging into an account.

Secondly, my professional and moral ethics remind me that I should apologize for somehow "abandoning" Daemons Ring; I was always frank and fully honest with everything and everyone around here, I've lost my edge and motivation during events occurred at late 2014, along with early 2017 which was when I suffered the greatest loss of my life.

Well, enough of depressive old dead'n'beat chit chat to get a context - let's go to the reason of this message, simple, clean, and straight forward

Most of us are still around (staff), we just don't feel motivated to work on something meaningful that motivates us to rally and provide some kind of gaming experience for everyone to enjoy.

So, you, tell us, what do you exactly wish to see when you remember to visit the Daemons Ring Community?

- Daemons Ring Gunz, which we have means and resources for such endeavor yet don't have funds to purchase a virtual private server to host it and put it up online;

- Some kind of new online game, that we could host for you guys, something that would gather a player base;

- Like some staff referred, revamp ourselves into gaming forums, for announcements, discussions, debates, and everything related to online gaming.

- Suggestions will be kindly appreciated.

I wish you all the best, and hope that all of you are well.

Again, my gratitude.

Neo (Diogo)

Blissful

Donator
gaming forums, some sort of hub, we shall attract people and befriend them eventually garnering support both via number of quality souls and via all the eventuall paypal donations.

I would think that it would be wise to focus on big games (which I have not played) um..whats it callled...xD
I keep thinking FarCry 4 thats so not it
uh.....those 2 famous games these days lol ==

if not those games then if we have people here who care about a game that is fairly niche that we can get r base upon that fact then lets opt for that.

I don't think any of us here have enough material to host a strictly GunZ site as a replacement for GZF..but who knows?

Maybe we could expand from gaming and be a site for high schoolers who need help with school haha, i have the time for that =P

really, anything is possible, i have the time, though i kinda got robbed and shit so im broke until my next installment on the last wednesday of the month haha

Emonium

Just chill in my Discord and make anime dub shitposts with me

Anderson

- Like some staff referred, revamp ourselves into gaming forums, for announcements, discussions, debates, and everything related to online gaming.
I feel like this is the best route but with more emphasis on discord. If DR is going to keep the forums up there should be a visible discord button without having to hunt for the thread.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
gaming forums, some sort of hub, we shall attract people and befriend them eventually garnering support both via number of quality souls and via all the eventuall paypal donations.

I would think that it would be wise to focus on big games (which I have not played) um..whats it callled...xD
I keep thinking FarCry 4 thats so not it
uh.....those 2 famous games these days lol ==

if not those games then if we have people here who care about a game that is fairly niche that we can get r base upon that fact then lets opt for that.

I don't think any of us here have enough material to host a strictly GunZ site as a replacement for GZF..but who knows?

Maybe we could expand from gaming and be a site for high schoolers who need help with school haha, i have the time for that =P

really, anything is possible, i have the time, though i kinda got robbed and shit so im broke until my next installment on the last wednesday of the month haha
I've always thought about having some kind of news feed, like most gaming websites, with articles and reviews - on the general gaming section, but I didn't had the motivation to actually move it forward... I think there might be a way to make it automated, I'll check.

Just chill in my Discord and make anime dub shitposts with me
Swap nudes and I'll do it.

I feel like this is the best route but with more emphasis on discord. If DR is going to keep the forums up there should be a visible discord button without having to hunt for the thread.
Well thought Anderson, I'm not sure if Discord has any embed links or buttons, but for now this does the trick:

(Didn't really make sense having a 'DRGunz' tab linking to daemonsring.com anyway :) )

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
As others have suggested, maybe a gaming hub? The forums can act as a discussion forum, and maybe make a GunZ section too - it seems reddit have decided to start taking down other server posts now :s

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Reddit has its own GunZ server?[/glow]

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Reddit has its own GunZ server?[/glow]
Oh no, on reddit there was a server thread which listed all of the active GunZ Servers and Reddit took it down.

Horrors

Retired
A shift in the community to more general discussion would not hurt. However, I still value the GunZ release over any other changes suggested here.

Your updates are appreciated and you have been transparent in regard to the progress being made on GunZ, but I believe it could go further. Consider a Patreon for the community to let us crowdfund the VPS, which gives us the ability to directly monitor where we are at and where we need to be for funding the server each month.

Last edited:

Blissful

Donator
I've always thought about having some kind of news feed, like most gaming websites, with articles and reviews - on the general gaming section, but I didn't had the motivation to actually move it forward... I think there might be a way to make it automated, I'll check.

Swap nudes and I'll do it.

Well thought Anderson, I'm not sure if Discord has any embed links or buttons, but for now this does the trick:

(Didn't really make sense having a 'DRGunz' tab linking to daemonsring.com anyway :) )
You mean like RSS?

Nine

Game Master
Staff member
A shift in the community to more general discussion would not hurt. However, I still value the GunZ release over any other changes suggested here.

Your updates are appreciated and you have been transparent in regard to the progress being made on GunZ, but I believe it could go further. Consider a Patreon for the community to let us crowdfund the VPS, which gives us the ability to directly monitor where we are at and where we need to be for funding the server each month.
I think we need to look away from GunZ in all honesty. It is not a game that people are interested in anymore. It is something that I believe that we should not invest time into.

I was one of the few to say we should go for a online gaming community forum.

Last edited:

Maverick

Hello, my friends, colleagues, and everyone.

To begin with, I'd like to congratulate, pay profound appreciation and homage to the "Active Members 328" statistic, the count of registered users who still visit our forums and community on a regular basis - a sincere thank you that extends also to the non-logged users known as "forum guests", who check up on Daemons Ring without logging into an account.

Secondly, my professional and moral ethics remind me that I should apologize for somehow "abandoning" Daemons Ring; I was always frank and fully honest with everything and everyone around here, I've lost my edge and motivation during events occurred at late 2014, along with early 2017 which was when I suffered the greatest loss of my life.

Well, enough of depressive old dead'n'beat chit chat to get a context - let's go to the reason of this message, simple, clean, and straight forward

Most of us are still around (staff), we just don't feel motivated to work on something meaningful that motivates us to rally and provide some kind of gaming experience for everyone to enjoy.

So, you, tell us, what do you exactly wish to see when you remember to visit the Daemons Ring Community?

- Daemons Ring Gunz, which we have means and resources for such endeavor yet don't have funds to purchase a virtual private server to host it and put it up online;

- Some kind of new online game, that we could host for you guys, something that would gather a player base;

- Suggestions will be kindly appreciated.

I wish you all the best, and hope that all of you are well.

Again, my gratitude.

Neo (Diogo)
How much does server space cost for GunZ / month? How demanding is it?

But are private servers (for any game) very popular anymore? I know that there exist some servers for GunZ but those don't have many players anymore either. Maybe a handful at a time. With enough dedication and work we could probably bring back a good thing. We had like 200+ people actuve at a time. I believe.

We could also do a Minecraft server again. The problem last time was that the servers lagged too much since Kolie/us didn't upgrade as our players increased. But are people really into those anymore? I don't think the costs would be worth it.

The general gaming forums idea is good but we have to get more people coming to the site otherwise if people come see an empty gaming forum... maybe articles on a main site then linking to the gaming forum.
Perhaps back to the GunZ server + our old forum format. It's worth a try. Bad memories behind, I'm willing to pitch in as hard as I can to make it work again. I want it to go back to when I was on the game as 'Demoni' lmfao. A handful of us could probably do it within a few months? Again, it's worth a try. No reason not to

Last edited:

Blissful

Donator

But are private servers (for any game) very popular anymore? I know that there exist some servers for GunZ but those don't have many players anymore either. Maybe a handful at a time. With enough dedication and work we could probably bring back a good thing. We had like 200+ people actuve at a time. I believe.

We could also do a Minecraft server again. The problem last time was that the servers lagged too much since Kolie/us didn't upgrade as our players increased. But are people really into those anymore? I don't think the costs would be worth it.

The general gaming forums idea is good but we have to get more people coming to the site otherwise if people come see an empty gaming forum... maybe articles on a main site then linking to the gaming forum.
Perhaps back to the GunZ server + our old forum format. It's worth a try. Bad memories behind, I'm willing to pitch in as hard as I can to make it work again. I want it to go back to when I was on the game as 'Demoni' lmfao. A handful of us could probably do it within a few months? Again, it's worth a try. No reason not to
wow i never knew that was u, we was pretty cool, dont remember egoing u much, think we were buddys =)
i wonder how oold u r now
u r so cool
i love u =)
bye!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member

Hi.

There are still players around, Euro Gunz still has their share, other pservers as well, along with Ragezone's development section still being active. The "times" happened, basically: some players simply abandoned the game (like me), others still play casually, while others, with the proliferation of pserver sources and the simplicity of hosting this game, have scattered onto their own servers.

Our main issue is still motivation... During the "After kolie" period, who you might want to mention with a lowercase "k" as he wanted (^^), we still managed to host DRGunz with an instant 50 player count, peaking at 70 +/-. Which we actually considered a feat back then due to the "split"... However, this happened around 2013/2014/2015 when we still had enough motivation, then due to lack of care or interest, the server was eventually shutdown since we had other games at that time.

Money could be another issue since we've stopped receiving donations several years ago, we've managed to survive back then mostly thanks to Eli2's generosity and commitment; and nowadays, it's Wesley who pays our forum bills. A virtual server wouldn't be that expensive though, they're still quite cheap now that I've checked - https://www.hostkey.com/cloud/winvps/usa

But yeah, we'd have to go down to the part of actually managing to rally ourselves into re-hosting this game, or any other for what it's worth.

As for bad memories, all is forgiven, at least on my end.

I hope you are doing well in life.

My regards.