Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nintendo 2DS

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Nintendo 3DS XL

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Veryl

The Little Devil
the 2Ds is much cheaper and comes with pokemon x/y.
but am I missing out on the 3D screen?
or should I go big and go for the 3DS XL?
I don't have a lot of money and I want to also use it as an mp3 player.
also, does the Nintendo 3DS/2DS come with a harddisc? or should a fundle around with SD cards.

«Richard»

Tired.
You're not missing anything by buying a 2DS, except for maybe the ability to carry the thing around in your pocket if you wanted to, and seeing how you want to use it as an mp3 player too, I'd say 3ds. :x (And the normal size, not XL, for the same reason).

Veryl

The Little Devil
yeah I saw a 3ds demo with mario in some shop and my eyes really hurt.
but I heared the XL had fixed that.
anyway fuck the 3D screen
The lite sounds good but I have no idea what an R4 is.
Im doubting between the lite and a normal 3ds.
btw. what is a DSi? is it older or new?

Ixie

DR Staff Team Coordinator
Staff member
dsi was pretty much a non shit ds with way better internet

If you're used to the 3ds screen, and have a bunch of games that take advantage of the feature extremely well, it's very noticable and enjoyable

If you want it just for pokemon X/Y, i'll tell you know that the 3d in that game is horrible (80% disabled throughout the game unless you're flying/one of few cutscenes/hatching egg.
The 3d is usually based on your eyes vs distance from screen, if you can't find the balance it's a useless component.

3ds is technically slightly better, 2ds is more worthwhile if you don't plan on using 3d/the ds alot

Veryl

The Little Devil
dsi was pretty much a non shit ds with way better internet

If you're used to the 3ds screen, and have a bunch of games that take advantage of the feature extremely well, it's very noticable and enjoyable

If you want it just for pokemon X/Y, i'll tell you know that the 3d in that game is horrible (80% disabled throughout the game unless you're flying/one of few cutscenes/hatching egg.
The 3d is usually based on your eyes vs distance from screen, if you can't find the balance it's a useless component.
3ds is technically slightly better, 2ds is more worthwhile if you don't plan on using 3d/the ds alot
alrite. although it doesn't fit in my pocket and since I dont have wifi. the 2ds seems like the right choice to make.

edit: but the poll says I should go for the 3DS.
meh... friggin choices of my life....
Maybe I should just go for the regular 3DS.

Last edited:

Ixie

Staff member
2ds is much more home friendly, if you have a small pack to take with you (something small, doesn't need to be large at all)

than it will be better

3ds is more expensive for a few reasons, if you don't need those reasons (battery life, 3d screen, compact etc) then just go for 2ds.

Horrors

Retired
2DS is pretty neat and cost efficient. It's what I've got now. Of the games I have (X, Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem), I don't really feel the need for 3D, but I can see how some games could be enhanced by it.
I'm most likely going to buy the 3DSXL for the better battery life and the compact folding, and the 3D will be a nice perk with it.
I'd also spring for the 3DSXL over the 3DS because I've been told that the larger screen size of the 3DSXL causes less headaches than the 3DS, and that the 3D on the regular 3DS causes a lot of headaches.
2DS can also play DS games so that's another reason I got it. It's good for travel and can play my DS games since my DSLite got fucked up.

Ixie

Staff member
2DS is pretty neat and cost efficient. It's what I've got now. Of the games I have (X, Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem), I don't really feel the need for 3D, but I can see how some games could be enhanced by it.
I'm most likely going to buy the 3DSXL for the better battery life and the compact folding, and the 3D will be a nice perk with it.
I'd also spring for the 3DSXL over the 3DS because I've been told that the larger screen size of the 3DSXL causes less headaches than the 3DS, and that the 3D on the regular 3DS causes a lot of headaches.
2DS can also play DS games so that's another reason I got it. It's good for travel and can play my DS games since my DSLite got fucked up.
the 3d part depends on your eyes and distance from the screen, larger screens make that value less to care about but the same can be said for any 3d.

Eden

Former Game Master
I have a 3DSXL. No complaints shit is cash glad I scooped that thing up.

Veryl

The Little Devil
well I decided to use the money to buy a 5 stringed bass + amplifier.
thanks everyone!