Some DRGunZ memories from 2007 :]

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
While searching for some old client files and while working on the current DRGunZ client I found some screenshots from early 2007...

It was kinda messy the way Mackintosh just tagged us all as developers when most didn't develop the game in the proper sense, like Faction, Hurricane and Near who were GM's, and Near was only staff because Mackintosh thought he was a moderator on Ragezone, when he was a 9 year old boy that just wanted to have fun heh.

Khane, one of our best developers of all time, he was a bit of my mentor, but when we all made a riot and quit DR for 2 weeks since the "owner" was ddos'ing legacy gamers to death, Khane disappointed me a lot, we as well as many more people from Satan Gunz/GunzP decided to form OnyxEye, in which we worked a lot, but Khane only appeared in the end of the Summer saying he ditched GunZ for Soldier Front...while we were all waiting for him to come back...never saw him again though...Then eventually that "owner" begged us all to come back to DR and we did.

And Keizaru.......we actually spent a while today on the staff chat debating about who he was/is, I just figured it out during this, he registered on our forums today

(This screenshot if from 'just now')

Moving on, found another two screenshots from our first chatbox...lol

LoL@my top shouter record :] Who remembers Chicken? :]

And also of course, TNT_Xplosiv, old friend that worked a lot with me when I started as Quest Developer :] And some other oldies...

And Hitmoi, that Canadian girl who disappeared into ashes...

MOARRRRR

Can't remember who made this, but that's from left to right, me, iFace, OMGnoob, Lovecrayon, Grym/Sour, TJ, Basschan (when he was still a she), Sulfin, then above, I can't remember who's the first guy, I think it was IrishDragon, then WTFmate/Albamaskater, TNT_Xplosiv and Nibelheim.

A happy birthday gift to me :]

+18 Some of my virtual sex adventures with Belise...

+18 More of my virtual sex adventures, on the left it was Gryn/Sour and on the right it was Pro-Styler/Wrecked

One of my event records, 1003 kills :] This must have lasted more than 3 hours...epicness at its best!

One of the funniest comics made by Sane, including the only competent guy that our previous host ever brought into DR, jackmcbarn (the others were all uneducated ragers that went "n***** n***** n*****" just like him or complete ignorants that knew nothing about programming...)

The one and only donation I've made to DR, and when I learned to never donate again to that scammer, this was the receipt from the 100$ that I donated for a "hard-drive" which later TJ and LC told me that it was bullshit and the scammer just needed money in real life, probably for drugs as usual, no wonder our servers were always shitty and laggy /rolls eyes...

A tribute some players made for me, the image is a bit blurry so I can identify it, this is 4 or 5 years old so I really can't remember who made this :[

A Meah~ Triple Lap Dance, this was once that I was 'away' ingame doing database work and these guys actually had the trouble of taking me to the superflip elevator glitch spot, taking me all the way up and abusing me on their sauna -

Last edited:

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
No SS of old me? :( Me sad. I know I've been with DR Gunz when you were quest developer. Just didn't sign up on forums that time lul.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
I only have 2008 stuff, with my brother, clannies, 2 staff members and other people o:

Juichi

I want that map of your in DR GunZ, Axel.

TNT_Xplosiv

Ex-Quest Dev
Khane was a bit of all of the Dev's mentors. She really knew quite a bit, and was ahead of the rest of us at the time when it came down to it.

Keizaru... he was a map developer, wasn't he? Made the original Testing Grounds or whatever it was called with the race tracks.

Hitmoi and I had a "romance" for several years. Anymore, I'm not even sure if they were a she. I actually asked SK if he's seen her lately, I've been wanting to talk.

NOPROBLEM was one of the most obnoxious mods we've had around, but a great guy. Chicken, if you don't remember, was Pro-Styler with a name change. He was pretty cool as well, and did the majority of our earlier model edits.

Vincent and Gloom, our old PR-guy and Dev were irl friends. Vincent died to a drug overdose a year ago after putting up with fights with his mother.

Other faces that come to mind immediately are Liet, Zaxis, and Eons.

I'd add screenshots of stuff, but I deleted all of my old picture-database when I got my SSD. :(

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
I want that map of your in DR GunZ, Axel.
That map, night arena, pirate docks, blood town and dusk town are the maps I mostly miss from 2.0 =(
I think the name was like hightech something, but despite it was a re-skin it didn't have "arena" as part of the name.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
@everyone, I won't leave here any screenshots heh...I have literally thousands of them, from quests, events, random games......just too much stuff...

Khane was a bit of all of the Dev's mentors. She really knew quite a bit, and was ahead of the rest of us at the time when it came down to it.

Keizaru... he was a map developer, wasn't he? Made the original Testing Grounds or whatever it was called with the race tracks.

Hitmoi and I had a "romance" for several years. Anymore, I'm not even sure if they were a she. I actually asked SK if he's seen her lately, I've been wanting to talk.

NOPROBLEM was one of the most obnoxious mods we've had around, but a great guy. Chicken, if you don't remember, was Pro-Styler with a name change. He was pretty cool as well, and did the majority of our earlier model edits.

Vincent and Gloom, our old PR-guy and Dev were irl friends. Vincent died to a drug overdose a year ago after putting up with fights with his mother.

Other faces that come to mind immediately are Liet, Zaxis, and Eons.

I'd add screenshots of stuff, but I deleted all of my old picture-database when I got my SSD. :(
I only remember NOPROBLEM for his mass advertisement, which is how I came into DR, his thread on Gamerzplanet, when as a sprayer I started being raped on ijji by some fools with premiums -.- and I went looking for hacks lol, the irony...

I knew about you and Hitmoi, just didn't want to mention it, she was staff on Mackintosh's server for a while, then it eventually died and she came back to DR then just vanished.

I still have Vincent added on my "DR facebook", I give "him" a few updates from time to time...gave him the last one when I stopped smoking drugs.

Liet did a good job as a developer, I remember that he worked for me at least once, can't remember what for though, Zaxis was shoved out DR because of some harassers of some kind, which is something that I try to exclude from this community, Eons, Eons, Eons, he broke way too many rules and ended up banned sadly...

Khane, a female, well, I hope she gets one of the mass emails me and my staff sent her :]

I still wonder what happened to Lightning, he/she also helped me a lot during the start of my "developer career", I hope my shadowking555 hotmail.com is useful at least now, well, some of the old old people already popped up, like Keizaru, DRSkull_Head, let's hope for more :]

Nibelheim

Administrative Team Counselor
All of this was definitely before my time. I came in late 2007 to early 2008, and wasn't well known until around April in 2008.
So either if I did have a chance to know all of this, my memory has failed me, or as I concluded, definitely before my time.
Either way, it's nice to see the old memories. :)

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
That map, night arena, pirate docks, blood town and dusk town are the maps I mostly miss from 2.0 =(
I think the name was like hightech something, but despite it was a re-skin it didn't have "arena" as part of the name.
Oh really, some of those are here lol :] (map folder had all the quest maps as well back then for some reason)

Just wrapped this up now...

Sidenote: Date of modification 03/02/2007

I still have the old as hell client with that icon :]

I guess that apart from the maps that Richard gave me that were never released, we still have to decide which old maps are coming back :]]]

Juichi

DEFINITELY THAT RE-SKINNED BATTLE ARENA! It was so awesome.

K

Oh really, some of those are here lol :] (map folder had all the quest maps as well back then for some reason)

I guess that apart from the maps that Richard gave me that were never released, we still have to decide which old maps are coming back :]]]
Holy sht thats alot of maps.. but neo please remove useless stuff and dont make the client 500mb and again take up 1gb ram..
DEFINITELY THAT RE-SKINNED BATTLE ARENA! It was so awesome.
and Mansion too.

Danger

Nice Neo, I guess the maps are the last thing we should worry about, well did you get any luc kfinding a good C++ Dev?

«Richard»

Tired.
A map dev!? Holy crap, a companion. I thought we were an extinct race by now.
When you said; 'the race tracks', do you by any chance mean SuperFlip? Or something totally different? :eek:

Anyway, I'm way too young for this. =|

Oh and Neo; GIVE ME THAT MAP PACK, DECRYPTED, I'M SURE SÓMETHING IN THERE IS MESSED UP AND I NEED TO FIND WHAT IT WAS.
I must've looked over something. It's been bothering me for a while now. :\

TNT_Xplosiv

Ex-Quest Dev
A map dev!? Holy crap, a companion. I thought we were an extinct race by now.
When you said; 'the race tracks', do you by any chance mean SuperFlip? Or something totally different? :eek:

Anyway, I'm way too young for this. =|

Oh and Neo; GIVE ME THAT MAP PACK, DECRYPTED, I'M SURE SÓMETHING IN THERE IS MESSED UP AND I NEED TO FIND WHAT IT WAS.
I must've looked over something. It's been bothering me for a while now. :\
Indeed, Superflip was the name I was looking for. Keizaru's been long-since gone though. Drama was too much for him to want to bother with. I don't blame him.

Wyatt

Retired GunZ Moderator
Wow, seeing all these old names really bring back a lot of the memories I've had with some of them.
I joined around April or May of 2007 I believe. Not sure on the exact date. But it still feels like yesterday when DR was massive as shit and was full of excitement.
And Ark Angel is back?! It's great seeing all these old faces from wayyyyy back in the day come back and join us once again!

«Richard»

Tired.
Indeed, Superflip was the name I was looking for. Keizaru's been long-since gone though. Drama was too much for him to want to bother with. I don't blame him.
Didn't 'Hikita' make that map?
Or is that Keizaru? :eek:

If so, wow, I never expected to see him back again... O_O

N

NOPROBLEM

hey neo, u still have black stairway? that was my favorite map that i made. u could actually see shit without eye strain and could use revolvers at distance.

Juichi

hey neo, u still have black stairway? that was my favorite map that i made. u could actually see shit without eye strain and could use revolvers at distance.
Bring it to 1.5 DR Gunz client pl0x!

TNT_Xplosiv

Ex-Quest Dev
Didn't 'Hikita' make that map?
Or is that Keizaru? :eek:

If so, wow, I never expected to see him back again... O_O
JL claims it was Hikita, but I was pretty sure it was the same person. I know he went by two different names though (the map dev).

...thinking about it, was he the GM that had the Trigun avatar?