TIME PORTAL

N

NOPROBLEM

YOU CAN TRAVEL TO ANY LOCATION BACK IN TIME.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE, YOU CAN NEVER RETURN.
YOU CAN ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN CARRY.

WHERE DO YOU GO?
WHEN DO YOU GO?
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
WHY?

Horrors

Retired
Inside the World Trade Center, 11 September 2001, 8:30:00.
Bring megaphone (just to get more people to hear) and wallet with money for a pay phone and a taxi (not bringing cell phone).
Set off fire alarms, try to get as many people as possible outside and away before the first strike that happens around 8:46:30.

Not that well thought out in terms of why anyone would believe me, and how I would get out (try to hide in the crowd if people evacuate during as the alarms go off...?)

Only listing stuff that I actually own that I could carry.

N

NOPROBLEM

Inside the World Trade Center, 11 September 2001, 8:30:00.
Bring megaphone (just to get more people to hear) and wallet with money for a pay phone and a taxi (not bringing cell phone).
Set off fire alarms, try to get as many people as possible outside and away before the first strike that happens around 8:46:30.

Not that well thought out in terms of why anyone would believe me, and how I would get out (try to hide in the crowd if people evacuate during as the alarms go off...?)

Only listing stuff that I actually own that I could carry.
another poorly thought out idea.

Horrors

Retired
Gee thanks NP how about you fucking share something then.

Kiyde

Skillmap Guru/Last Dragon
New Jersey

I bring a laptop/flashdrives/ehdd's full of the modern understanding of everything science related. mathematics, physics, astrophysics, psychology, psychiatry, medical science, etc. EVERYTHING.

Give them to Albert Einstein so the world today will be even more advanced than it already is. It would be most interesting to watch him work with modern ideas decades ahead of him time as well ^^

Since Albert's profession lies in physics, I'd probably have to find the other leading people of their respective sciences in that time period to distribute information to as well to help further the whole of science to the highest extent so everything is furthered, and not just just one thing.

I was considering giving them to isaac newton, but i'd probably be burned as a witch before I'd even get to him considering the time he lived in xD

also skillmaps please.

Last edited:

Ixie

DR Staff Team Coordinator
Staff member
Time : Whenever the time machine was first thought of
Items : Enough convincing information as well as something that will be *soon to happen* in that era as evidence that i've come back from time
Why: To convince them to not build a time machine at all, the past is what has shaped the future for the best and for the worst, and one small change of the past could easily ruin the future unless you have guaranteed knowledge it would bring only positive change, which is something that for the most part, cannot be guaranteed. Killing a mass murderer might bring someone worse to power for example. Stopping a terrible event in the past may ensure less precaution is taken to prevent it later which could cause something much more severe etc.

N

NOPROBLEM

I go to Germany, 1945.
I bring back nothing.
I prevent hitler from suiciding and give him over to a court.
That is all.
why would u wait till after the holocaust to do something? and all ur doing is delaying his death. terrible idea.
Gee thanks NP how about you fucking share something then.
ok. i would go back to 1997.
i would bring ~$80,000 in cash.
i would seek out sergey brin and larry page and be their angel investor becoming the leading shareholder. from there, i might tip off the government about 9/11, giving flight numbers and terrorist names. because im a super rich, powerful and credible person theyd have to listen to what i say, thus preventing the attack. not some loony guy running around pulling fire alarms and actually preventing nothing. i live happily ever after fucking super models every night.
Ok I go to Year 0,
I knock out Jesus and carry him back.
I got Jesus. Win?
cant return means u cant carry him back. good luck carrying an imaginary person anyway.
Time : Whenever the time machine was first thought of
Items : Enough convincing information as well as something that will be *soon to happen* in that era as evidence that i've come back from time
Why: To convince them to not build a time machine at all, the past is what has shaped the future for the best and for the worst, and one small change of the past could easily ruin the future unless you have guaranteed knowledge it would bring only positive change, which is something that for the most part, cannot be guaranteed. Killing a mass murderer might bring someone worse to power for example. Stopping a terrible event in the past may ensure less precaution is taken to prevent it later which could cause something much more severe etc.
time portal =/= time machine.

Horrors

Retired
i would seek out sergey brin and larry page and be their angel investor becoming the leading shareholder. from there, i might tip off the government about 9/11, giving flight numbers and terrorist names. because im a super rich, powerful and credible person theyd have to listen to what i say, thus preventing the attack. not some loony guy running around pulling fire alarms and actually preventing nothing. i live happily ever after fucking super models every night.
alright I see what you mean by thinking things out

Ixie

DR Staff Team Coordinator
Staff member
why would u wait till after the holocaust to do something? and all ur doing is delaying his death. terrible idea.

cant return means u cant carry him back. good luck carrying an imaginary person anyway.
time portal =/= time machine.
Either way.

Kiwi

Eddie

- I go to the Woodstock festival in 1969.
- I bring a pound of weed, I smoke my pound of weed there, I smoke with everyone else around me, and have one of the best times of my life.
- Cause I'm not going to try to think of something I view as logical, since it will just be "poorly thought out" in your eyes anyways. So fuckityolo.
[dance]

¥oshi

I'd go to the future just to see how it looks like, I know this isn't thought out, but I just need to know. :3

N

NOPROBLEM

All NP can say is that everything's poorly thought.
The idea of a time portal is poorly thought, but well.
just because im critical of ideas doesnt mean i think everything is poorly thought out. i just havent seen any evidence of a good idea yet. also, please explain whats poorly thought out about the hypothetical time portal question?

Convince all the humans of a "new religion", which is based on todays' moral code etc.
Prevent religions from ever being created
i dont understand

Kiwi

Eddie
All NP can say is that everything's poorly thought.
The idea of a time portal is poorly thought, but well.

Go back to the early ages, before any religions formed.
Bring modern combat dress with special lighting effects n all so I can appear as a god.
Convince all the humans of a "new religion", which is based on todays' moral code etc.
Prevent religions from ever being created, no religion-caused terrorist atttacks, no Dschihad, no near-east conflict.
No pope. No catholics.
"Poory thought out." GG xD but seriously. I do like the idea, but keep in mind all though many view religion as flawed, think of how it shaped society. What kind of a society would we live in where people don't have something to put their faith into as "hope" for this eternal paradise called heaven in the end ? Many suicidal people would just commit suicide much sooner because they would see there's nothing to look forward to. Many would form a "fuck it" attitude, become deviant, commit crimes, and so on.

I'm not religious nor do I follow one, but still. Gotta keep in mind what kind of a world we would live in without religion to shape our society and morals.

Edit: I don't think I understood the part where you talk about this 'new religion' based on today's moral codes. If it's what I'm thinking, forget what I said about all the deviance and crimes.

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Where do you go? To the land of the greatest Empire that ever existed. Most specifically Capua/Campania in Italy.

When do you go? Precisely to 73 B.C.

What do you bring? My katana.
(Wouldn't take my handguns since I would run out of ammo eventually and it would be unfair back then, I still have my honor above everything.)

Why? Here comes the long part.

That was the time of the Third Servile War, the most successful slave revolt in Roman history that actually threatened the heart of the Roman Republic. Lead by Spartacus, his army of rebellious slaves revolted against the Roman Republic under the ideals that every man should live free and be considered equal. It was a decisive moment in history, being the dawn of what would become the greatest Empire of all time. Right after the end of this war, a Triumvirate formed by Crassus, Pompey and Caesar was formed, only to have Caesar proclaimed Emperor, being himself one of the greatest military generals of history.
With the historical circumstances set beside, my purpose would be avoiding the separation of Spartacus and Crixus and fighting alongside with them. Because according to several historical theories, if they had stayed together instead of diving the Spartacan army, they would have taken down Rome and won the Third Servile War abolishing slavery back then, and inevitably, changing the course of human history as we know it, exalting always the principles of equality and humanity.
Counter arguments will arise that war maniacs would always appear, and they obviously would, but if the world had always been united through such principles, then first, these maniacs would have been harder to arise, and second, beating them would have been far easier.

Puzzled

DRGunZ BETA Tester
Where : nowhere

When : Last Wednesday

Items i'd take with me : Winning lottery ticket numbers

Why? : .