Umi

Umi

Donator
Why is this subforum never used?

Anyways, I'l post all the things I make in one post so I don't spam this forum with threads. 1 and 5 are my favourites (obviously), somehow the negative space really makes it look better to me.
Any tag can be used, just ask me first so I can check it's not used by someone else

- Floopz

- Guardian Angel

Last edited:

Floopz

Former Support Team
Very nice, would you mind making a Reimu Hakurei sig?

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
Liking the 4th and fifth :O

Can i request a sig too :)?

Last edited:

yoppls

DRGunZ BETA Tester | ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒ
the foreground and the effects are overpowering the focus of the signature a bit, but you make good use of the lighting effects. In the first one, there are 2 light sources that are cast on her face; an orange one, and a fluorescent white/blue one that you could've played around with.

What do i know lol, i haven't dabbled in the world of gfx in a while, and my signature is pretty old too

EDIT: 1 and 5 are my favorite :p

Umi

Donator
Liking the 4th and fifth :O

Can i request a sig too :)?
Thanks! Sure go ahead, tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

the foreground and the effects are overpowering the focus of the signature a bit, but you make good use of the lighting effects. In the first one, there are 2 light sources that are cast on her face; an orange one, and a fluorescent white/blue one that you could've played around with.

What do i know lol, i haven't dabbled in the world of gfx in a while, and my signature is pretty old too

EDIT: 1 and 5 are my favorite :p
Thanks for the critique, it's always helpful to get an opinion from someone who hasn't stared at something for a long while :D

EDIT; Here's something new aswell, I call it h2 hehe

Last edited:

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder

Umi

Donator
Alright, i really want a signature that conveys the feeling of solitude like in these pictures:
- https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/_RtGuUAQOC4/maxresdefault.jpg
- https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/4fWx0z-V6QU/maxresdefault.jpg

Try using negative space figures like these
- http://i34.tinypic.com/2rnx9g5.jpg
- http://wide-wallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/walls/thumbs/Solitude-600x450.jpg << good feeling example aswell.

If you can make me something like that it would be greatly appreciated :D
This was hard for me, really specific request and out of my style
Hope it's any good, I tried to keep it simple to keep the solitary feeling.

Something I made at work today;

Last edited:

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
I like it! but whatsup with the rainbow skirt :O
if you can change that into something less rainbowy that'd be great! Because i really like the distortion / vague solitude vibe when you keep looking at it and wanna put this in my signature.
Can you also try making the text color the same as the sparks? like yellow orange-ish just for shits and giggles? I'm wondering what it'll look like :3

Last edited:

Umi

Donator
This is great, thanks!
Glad you like it!

I like it! but whatsup with the rainbow skirt :O
if you can change that into something less rainbowy that'd be great! Because i really like the distortion / vague solitude vibe when you keep looking at it and wanna put this in my signature.
Can you also try making the text color the same as the sparks? like yellow orange-ish just for shits and giggles? I'm wondering what it'll look like :3
Let me see what I can do!

The skirt is pretty hard to decolorize, very tedious work which I really don't want to do :p

Maybe someone else (or you) can give it a shot, heres the PSD https://www.mediafire.com/?86bjagfadq62fr7

EDIT One more!

Last edited:

BanSlam

Vanilla
I would srsly advice you to use renders..
Try creating the BG from scratch or use a stock as a BG...
Make sure ur render takes about 40~60% of sig size
Center the render.
Text must be near render*focal point*
-Using a stock then working on it with brushes and such is Hard, very hard in my opinion.-
There are alot of tutorials on deviant art, just search for tut and u will get alot.

GL

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

I tried my best, I don't like stocks..

Umi

Donator
I would srsly advice you to use renders..
Try creating the BG from scratch or use a stock as a BG...
Make sure ur render takes about 40~60% of sig size
Center the render.
Text must be near render*focal point*
-Using a stock then working on it with brushes and such is Hard, very hard in my opinion.-
There are alot of tutorials on deviant art, just search for tut and u will get alot.

GL

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

I tried my best, I don't like stocks..

I use stocks because you already have a BG with them with colours that fit and usually you get a good idea of flow,lighting and compo in your tag. I've stepped away from centering my focal point LONG ago because I always got comments about my composition being bad. Centering a focal point makes it a challenge to get good compo and it's regarded as pretty hard.
I kept the road on the right side in my tag because to me, it added to the feeling of solitude GA was asking. Right now, you have a pretty monotone colour scheme aswell because you decolorized that skirt which I don't like, my tags are usually very busy and have alot of vibrance.
Also, I use stocks because you can find images that are rarely used instead of making a masterchief tag like the rest of the internet. (So to speak, you get where I'm coming from don't you)

Just my 2 cents, thanks for trying. It's fun to see what 2 people can do on one tag with very different styles :) We should collab sometime

Last edited:

BanSlam

Vanilla
I use stocks because you already have a BG with them with colours that fit and usually you get a good idea of flow,lighting and compo in your tag. I've stepped away from centering my focal point LONG ago because I always got comments about my composition being bad. Centering a focal point makes it a challenge to get good compo and it's regarded as pretty hard.
I kept the road on the right side in my tag because to me, it added to the feeling of solitude GA was asking. Right now, you have a pretty monotone colour scheme aswell because you decolorized that skirt which I don't like, my tags are usually very busy and have alot of vibrance.
Also, I use stocks because you can find images that are rarely used instead of making a masterchief tag like the rest of the internet. (So to speak, you get where I'm coming from don't you)

Just my 2 cents, thanks for trying. It's fun to see what 2 people can do on one tag with very different styles :) We should collab sometime
Well everyone have his own way of doing this, I'm thankful that someone other than me is spamming this section :)
Btw try using c4ds if u like'em.

Ya sure why not :)

Umi

Donator
Well everyone have his own way of doing this, I'm thankful that someone other than me is spamming this section :)
Btw try using c4ds if u like'em.

Ya sure why not :)
Oh, I use tons of C4Ds, just not in that tag :)

Here's one more from today

Veryl

The Little Devil
[glow="silver"]Woah ur friggin pro at GFX *-*
Btw I barely remember you from Spiffy...
I decided to make a new one named CrowCrow but I need some adaptions with my ahhmmmm rules..
Do you want to join CrowCrow? owo
You can be Admin if you want :3
It's Spiffy remade and pro and stuffiesh

Spiffy was originaly created by me, Muppy, and LeeDevile but they are both inactive so I have to much memories of it...

OH and ON TOPIC YUSHH!!!
Can I ask you for a siggy? Maybe one that defines CrowCrow
It's all about devilins and cute stuff, and new things every day and enjoying life and everything... *-*[/glow]​

Last edited:

Umi

Donator
[glow="silver"]Woah ur friggin pro at GFX *-*
Btw I barely remember you from Spiffy...
I decided to make a new one named CrowCrow but I need some adaptions with my ahhmmmm rules..
Do you want to join CrowCrow? owo
You can be Admin if you want :3
It's Spiffy remade and pro and stuffiesh

Spiffy was originaly created by me, Muppy, and LeeDevile but they are both inactive so I have to much memories of it...

OH and ON TOPIC YUSHH!!!
Can I ask you for a siggy? Maybe one that defines CrowCrow
It's all about devilins and cute stuff, and new things every day and enjoying life and everything... *-*[/glow]​
Hehe thanks :)
I'd love to join, I'm just worried DR isn't active enough to start a new clan right now. Muppy isn't as inactive as you think, heard alot of old Spiffy members migrated to another server and remade it over there. Dunno about Lee though.

Sure I'll make something for you, if you can give me more of an idea what you want, maybe give me a stock to work with :) or you can pick one of the tags I already made that don't have a name next to them yet :p

Here's another one

Veryl

The Little Devil
Hehe thanks :)
I'd love to join, I'm just worried DR isn't active enough to start a new clan right now. Muppy isn't as inactive as you think, heard alot of old Spiffy members migrated to another server and remade it over there. Dunno about Lee though.

Sure I'll make something for you, if you can give me more of an idea what you want, maybe give me a stock to work with :) or you can pick one of the tags I already made that don't have a name next to them yet :p

Here's another one
[glow="silver"]Awesome!
Lately I lost contact with Muppy, Lee play's Mabinogi nowaday's...
So we need like two more members to make CrowCrow...
CrowCrow Ish something about thish x3[/glow]