What's happening here?

Prime

BOSS
I've noticed the absolute decline in members and frequent visitors, It's very empty around here..
Apart from me checking in server base wise, I haven't seen any traffic through that either.
Should the forum just be shut down and hosted on a Discord server?
Could save the hosting costs and make things alot cheaper..
I love DR, I have fond memories playing back in 07 and I'll always hold it in my mind as some of the great times I had through PC gaming.
Met so many nice people, some toxic... GunZ will never be the same, other pservers around are pretty much dead aswell..
So really the question is, what is happening with DR?

Last edited:

Nickles

Ummmm, yes! Forum is dead and filled with bots, discord has jetman & nsfw šŸ˜Š

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
The forums are mostly up as a guiding reference - at least anyone who remembers DR can easily find us here.

As Nickles said, most of us socialize on our Discord server, you can find the link/invite on the forums' navigation bar 'above'.

Regarding the DRGunz server, well, it's up and running, we just have no motivation to play... I guess most people moved on to other games or moved on with their lives.

We still have a good count of active members though, where banned spambots don't count for the statistics.

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member
I want to point out that right now, DR is in a great position. To all the developers, especially that one guy, you know who, and all the people who contributed to the DR in whatever means, even just playing recently, congratulations and well done. Compared to where we were without a working server or even a remote idea for the future due to drama, this is leaps and bounds ahead of that. The forum specifically needs to exist because Discord is a horrible way to navigate useful information. The forum is a website with easy to access threads and static links uncluttered by chitchat.

I'm not some visionary but a specific version of GunZ the Duel where the balancing is great like it was on a certain server in the past (you're looking at it), and a huge community of people who are there because community leaders and staff have come together to celebrate the game by competing at the highest level within it, brokering a new generation of people that make it a massive success, even in the years of Apex and Rainbows, that's why the people who really care keep coming back. DRGunZ and these forums are totally worth it. And the lack of activity at this point is a combination of game problems, lack luster relaunches and difficult reasoning to get people on when those 2 things are considered, as well as people being generally too busy to make time for DR GunZ in it's current state. That's not to say that DR GunZ is bad either. For all you know it could be amazing right now and the only thing it's suffering is a lack of population. All you gotta do is get on and try. If there's a problem with any of that, you tell someone and get your hands dirty trying to fix that, and you don't need to be staff to do it either.

Personally, I know I'll be back in full very soon (broken record but I mean it this time)

It's ok to be busy. Right now for many of us here or not here, DR isn't in the forefront of their minds. Understandable. Work. Play. Study. Keep doing those things. But for those of you who've read this, know that one day, you'll be bored of all those things, you'll have quite a bit of free time. When the idea of DR pops in to your mind at that moment don't just turn away to look for something else quickly. Instead, remember this post.

Peace

Last edited: