[Community Update October 2016] Are you ready for this?

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

First of all, I deeply apologize to those who I've redirected to other places in order for you to keep playing Gunz. I admit that I was fooled by a cheap cover up and that, at the time, my judgment abilities were clouded. However, due to some players' concerns that were brought to my knowledge, I have found out that the reality behind such cover up is absolutely disgusting. This was already known by several people, yet unknown to me due to my partial absence since 2014.

I can understand the 'corruption' that proliferated on Dark Gunz since it's no secret to anyone anymore, we've all witnessed it when we've attempted to merge with them back in 2012. They've clearly and visibly allowed each other - players and staff - to freely break any kind of rules because they were friends, such was proven when we've started to simply enforce their very own rules and they've rallied against us; further even hijacking my account session to delete several forum accounts in order to 'frame me' - something easily proven false by their owner when he stated exactly what happened, and posted my account's IP logs.

However, I cannot understand the fact that in other places, some individuals are freely allowed to do whatever they want - as in using custom hacks and/or breaking rules - simply because they make large donations or because they are allowed to abuse their powers anyway they please. That is sickening.

We have been through enough abuse, lack of humanity, indecency, and greed back in the old days, and it was already enough! Except for DR's previous host, NO ONE who has ever laid foot on the Daemons Ring Gaming Network has ever earned one single cent for their work. Because unlike others, we don't pretend to have the best top notch developers who are such good people that they help us out of their own good will - when in reality they are getting paid or gifted below the table for their marvelous work! Even Sulfin, one of the best programmers that ever entered the Gunz private server world, our colleague here in 2007/2008, coming back in 2013/2014 to help us rebuild DR, once denied a 100$ gratification that kolie wanted to give him for his famous elemental grenades and other functions. We were, are, and will keep being volunteers!

Unlike other kinds of people, we're not in this for the money, we NEVER were! I have dedicated these last TEN YEARS OF MY LIFE to the players of this game, from our community and even from other communities, and I still keep doing so, because I am unable to deny a help request to anyone who reaches out to me that seems deserving and worthy of it.

Let me remind that, back in 2007 I've actually quit DR along with Khane and ArkAngel, and eventually others, through an ultimatum given to our previous host in order to force him to stop issuing criminal distributed denial of service attacks against Legacy Gamers, an act that was damaging a server with a count of 1000 players back then.

This to say that, while some frauds and posers were still starting to play Gunz private servers, or while others were ganging up to destroy other communities, I was already here already saving communities, and earning the respect and gratitude of "over 1000", and gladly, I still live up to my past reputation.

I can only despise those who profit from this game through such dirty enrichment schemes! Such places tend to break through time though, which is the case. Places built with weak, fragile and fake foundations already break and divide by themselves, leading into an inevitable shutdown or inactivity when the silent and mistreated ones become bigger than the pretty and protected rich ones, and/or whenever a voice that cannot be silenced is raised to protect them. Otherwise, if they don't kill themselves on their own, they would just get DDoS'ed by some randoms they've provoked with their obnoxious behavior, or by hack sellers who literally toy them around because they claim to be the best.

In fact, welcome to reality, such places are deliberately allowed - yes, allowed - to live and perpetrate their money making schemes for the simple fact that the old school IGunz/Ijji/Aeria hacking team keeps making money by selling hacks that players gladly use and purchase, including the ones who are allowed to use hacks in front of the entire community. IF you can even call that a 'community', and not just a place that everyone despises, and that they only use to chat, hack and/or abuse the liberty they are given, or paid for.

I am taking the time to refer this type of deceitful behavior because I am truly sorry if any of you were so rudely handled by those who are widely known to be greedy and reckless towards those who they are supposed to protect, and who commit such actions for the sole purpose of profit, and maybe some demented sense of superiority or power.

Pay2Win might be acceptable, but Pay4Respect and Pay4Abuse is just despicable. I'm sorry if I have mislead any of you. I really am.

Second, let's not make anyone even suspect that we're bringing back DRGunZ because of others failing and falling miserably, or because some masks have been breaking! On the contrary! I have told you guys several times that we have some *surprises* prepared for DRGunZ's 10th Anniversary, which will happen next month! Despite a few months of downtime during the past 10 years, we will become the ONLY Gunz private server that has lasted and endured TEN ENTIRE YEARS, and that has managed to be one of the, if not, the best Gunz private server back in 2009/2010 when we peaked and had Clan War raging!

We were the first server that had fully customized quests, not just ice/blue recolors, we've were actually pioneers with completely new maps and new models/animations, such as Pacman and Graveyard. We were also the first server to have the Rebirth system, which I've named as Phoenix Rebirth, and at that time, I even asked our development team colleagues to make custom items for it, and it was free, it wasn't some 10$ money making bullshit; neither it was allegedly 'stolen' from those who shamelessly ripped some of our content. In fact, I've stated before that I have imported this Rebirth system from MU Online, so I'm not pretending to be original on this because I'm not a liar, but I do have the right to say that our DRGunZ server was the first one to have it - for free, not to feed any greedy pockets, but as a prize to our older and hardcore players that were stuck at level99.

We've achieved our status even under a 'regime' in which most of us were constantly frustrated and anguished due to the fact that our donations were being misused, some of our players were being victims of scams and less proper actions, and we were stagnated, we were not allowed to grow.

But we did grow, even against all odds! We went up and down, then kept on living! During TEN YEARS!

Now let's analyze something completely different:

Any rich boy can get 5000$ from his parents' credit card, buy a webserver and a dedicated server, buy some DDoS and hacking protection software/hardware for them, find and pay some programmers to build up a game server, pay some marketing agents to advertise, pay some other randoms to spread ads or issue hacking attacks against other places, and spread around some bullshit propaganda in order to acquire players that will be treated as numbers, along with a false reputation of being the best of the best.

Is that what we have accomplished here? NO! Any kind of person can do what I've exampled above, all they need is money, nothing more than money, they don't even need a brain, they can pay others to think for them.

But you don't get to host a game during 10 years by extorting your players, by treating them like trash, by placing donators above non-donators, by using paid mercenaries to fill your game server with 'cool shit', by giving out cash or fancy prizes; you don't get here by buying people, no, no-no-no, you get what we've managed to get here IF you have the unavoidable willingness to treat your players as if they were your family, and if you have a genuine golden heart that enables you to always help others in need.

And THIS is my legacy, both in real and virtual life - OUR legacy - that is shared with most of all my former and current colleagues and friends in the outside world and on the internet.

And THAT is what all of you always were, are, and will keep being to us, our second family. On a personal level, a lot of you approached me with family problems, heartbreaks, legal matters, work conflicts, whatever, you name it... And with all due modesty, most of you knew back then, and still know now, through endless private or public conversations, that you could always count on me.

This is how you get to where we stand, the last standing old school Gunz community, with an entire DECADE on our shoulders. You get this by talking individually to every single player that you have, by going ingame and making events that last 3 hours always with a full room, by dedicating and devoting yourself into your community. You don't get this by being just an "owner" or a "programmer" who collects donations/gets paid and makes useless posts to keep up appearances; you get this by being a leader, not a self-proclaimed excuse for a leader, but a true leader that your community has chosen to live up to such position of responsibility.

And honestly, I am extremely humbled and honored to have earned your trust and confidence, it has been a privilege.

Third, next month, we might, or not - it depends on you - bring up some middle tier Gunz server so we can all have fun during our 10th Birthday, however, if you guys show enough interest, well, let's just say that Gunblade and the guys have been in the works, and they're preparing something bigger. I will not say more, I'll leave that to them whenever they see fit.

Fourth, to clear up any possible doubts, I'm not even the one in charge of paying our monthly bills or collecting donations anymore, it's Wesley, you can check that by clicking on our "DONATE" button at the forum's navigation bar. I've grown utterly tired of dealing with Paypal, and I have no problem whatsoever with whoever collects our funds and manages our finances, which is something that seems to be a great problem to some other people who only care about money.
Wesley is not in this for the money either, neither is the rest of our staff for that matter. Our staff teams were always built upon TRUST, not some shady relationships where 'fear of leaking files' and 'fear of leaking information' seem to give birth to ridiculous situations, and much less contracts in which you do X and you earn Y. We're all volunteers, and we're not afraid to be honest.

Not to mention that, since 2012 when we changed to professional hosting services to avoid being wiped out or mistreated again, in 90% of the times it's been always us, the staff, along with a couple of sponsors, paying our servers' monthly bills - this includes Eli2, who deserves a special praise for being the person that invested the most on Daemons Ring, deserving our eternal gratitude, among many others who have also supported us.

We've also and always been fully transparent regarding the donations we've received, the prices of the services we have used and keep using, along with links to their websites, and whatever else that may serve as viable proof of our good faith and integrity.

We do not receive 1000$/2000$ or more of monthly income to pay a server that costs 50$, and pretend that we have "enough donations", or even blatantly lie asking for more money. We're fair and square, and instruct our players to save their money when our bills are paid.

On top on that, when Gunblade joined our team, he suggested that, in case we'd ever have any extra money from donations, we could donate it to charity associations, and this gave our staff chat a global and immediate "hell yeah". We will always and obviously keep having the community's best interests in our minds, and we will improve our services if we need to, but if we ever achieve a margin of profit that enables us to help others in need, then we will most likely make a public poll for all of us to choose where the money we don't need will be directed to; which is certainly not into our pockets.

Fifth and last, and to avoid any issues since the Daemons Ring community has always been different than others, it's easy to predict that 50% of the people who will read this will think: "Oh look, it's Neo, he even has his SK/ShadowKing tag back, he's recovered his motivation to work on DR yay!" But to the other 50%, including those hilarious newbies who are part of what we old school guys call the 'Cool Kids Club' and the 'Gunz Money Elite', those who profit from the game by mistreating and misleading their players, and those who run around acting like pretty nice boys who love eachother and want to be the best of the best, while secretly and hypocritically insulting each other and belittling the work they were paid to provide - I can only advise such individuals beforehand to do yourselves a favor and to just stay away from this community. Do not mistake me, or us, for some random DDoS'er or game hacker that you cannot neutralize, and that I have completely shutdown in the past within the blink of an eye, without even having to resort to any kind of legal measures or criminal charges/lawsuits/whatever, as some fools were/are lead to believe or still preach about.

With all due modesty, I'm such a nice man that I can perfectly ignore and forgive any random fool who crosses me, which I normally do, as I've been doing, and as I will keep doing; however, if you mess with our people, our legacy, or with anyone who has a good heart, well, let's just say that in 2/3/4 years from now you can imagine yourself playing legit Steam/Facebook games while figuring out bullshit excuses like "real life took over man" to justify your absence, while other suck ups make cover ups for you alleging that you've went MIA and no one knows anything about you, when everyone sees you. A'ight? A'ight!
*fist bump*

Lastly, I'm not bad, and I don't pretend to be bad either. I'm also not perfect, nor pretend to. I've made many mistakes during my life. I'm not here to portray myself as a 100% flawless pretty golden individual as many others do, and a good example of that, was the time when I acted like a complete asshole on Ragezone, I'm not proud of that, but I'm not afraid to admit that! Their leader was able to bring me back to reason! And I am glad that during my entire life I've always had the maturity and humility to acknowledge my mistakes, to try to apologize for them, to try to fully correct them, and to try to make amends.

I am simply a Lawman, just, fair, with noble principles and strong unshakable moral values, I'm not better than anyone else, I'm human. But despite my mistakes, my reputation is solid within those who have a good heart and have enough maturity to think for themselves instead of believing that cows can fly; and I'm certainly NOT one of those who act like they're so respected and loved, but hide or pretend to forget the fact that they have destroyed and spoiled the fun of entire communities so they could just feed their pockets and hatreds.

It's the difference between: building an extremely high golden throne trough rocky mountains, climbing them during years, reaching the top, stare at the shiny throne for a few seconds, they going straight rappelling right back down next to the players of this game; and between those who buy premade wooden thrones in the desert, sit on them eternally while enriching their pockets, and while allowing their players to go through thirst and hunger, pretending to be something they're not. I am just a player of this game, I never wanted to be more than that, but most of you know the circumstances that literally forced me into the position that I currently possess, which I gladly share with all my colleagues, and with our community.

With all of the above stated, let's get this ship back into the high seas now, shall we?

You've wanted a WOT™...? Well, you have it now. Written in 27 minutes; it means I'm getting faster, just don't ask me for another anytime soon. lol

PS: To avoid any doubts, DRGunZ was born on November 2006, but the Daemons Ring Gaming Network goes back to 2003.

Needless to say that PhotonIV is Rick/Mackintosh, our beloved Founder, and my ONLY predecessor as owner of this network.
"Owner", as in the guy who digitally signed the contracts of our virtual property.

PPS: No matter how many seasons your life goes by, always remember to keep your inner child alive, despite how many 16 year old secret service special agent wannabes call you immature or childish. So here goes for all ya lurkers!

It's a joke, ok? As in, being sarcastic? Alright? Ok.

#Hashtag #Time #Lets_Have_Some_Fun

#CoolKidsClub
#MoneyGunzElite
#Donate4Respect
#Pay4Abuse
#PlsSuckUpToMe
#PlsProtectMyE-Rep
#Bitches_Aint_Got_Shit_On_Me
#Cause_I'm_Not_A_16YearOld_Wannabe

Now seriously, I honestly hope you have as much fun reading this, as I've had writing it; after all, I'm here to entertain you, protect you, care for you, and to socialize with you as I've always been. I'm not here to pretend I'm some super programmer, uber server owner, secret government agent, volunteer community worker, etc.., I am what I am, simple. Love me or hate me, I do not care, all that matters to me is that the good hearted respect me, and the heartless hate me, which actually makes me happy since it saves me the trouble of having to deal with them.

The same applies to our staff, the same goes for our players.

There is no room for deceit, deception, nor malice in this community.

This is not *my* webserver, this is not *my* game, this is not *my* staff, this is not *my* community, this is not *my* money, this is all OURS.

The Daemons Ring Gaming Network belongs to ALL OF US, because without our community, we certainly wouldn't be here.

Thank you all for your continued support, presence, dedication, foolishness (lol), love, and loyalty throughout these 10 years, it's been one hell of a ride!

I look forward to beat the shit out of all you and reach 1000 kills in another one of those 3 hour long 'Kill NeoDio Events' ;]

I love you guys, I truly do, even the baddies :]

Ixie

DR Staff Team Coordinator
Staff member
It's great to have you feeling much better and back around Neo, Your presence has been sorely missed and i'm sure now we can truly get back on track and bring back everything into a brighter more positive aspect. It's been a bumpy ride for sure, but i know in the long run it will all be worth it.

I think a lot of us here are intertwined whether we like it or not, or like to admit it or not. At the center of most of those webs comes down usually to one person here, and that's you. I can honestly expect a bunch of missed faces coming by in the days to come to see what's in store.

Rem

Recovering
It's good to see you back! Hopefully DR can get back on it's feet, especially with what Gunblade is showing us.​

Nialus

DR Developer / Graphic Designer
Staff member

Here's somethin' a little extra!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to have you feeling much better and back around Neo, Your presence has been sorely missed and i'm sure now we can truly get back on track and bring back everything into a brighter more positive aspect. It's been a bumpy ride for sure, but i know in the long run it will all be worth it.

I think a lot of us here are intertwined whether we like it or not, or like to admit it or not. At the center of most of those webs comes down usually to one person here, and that's you. I can honestly expect a bunch of missed faces coming by in the days to come to see what's in store.
I guess that you guys along with a lot of people still remembering me and wanting me to keep working has brought my motivation back.

Our active forum members count has also insanely increased from 125 to 512, but that's probably because I've mass emailed and private messaged our 5000+ members :]

yay drgunz
This is so exciting, I honestly can't wait.
It's good to see you back! Hopefully DR can get back on it's feet, especially with what Gunblade is showing us.​
Them mobs look like Spetznaz... They've tried to kill me once when I've tried Blitzkrieg on Aeria Gunz, but the bullets that hit me went ricochet straight back at them. Noobs.

Here's somethin' a little extra!
That's hot as well. Mental orgasm kinda hot.

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
DR desperately needs another Rebirth. Let's do it.

Fourth, to clear up any possible doubts, I'm not even the one in charge of paying our monthly bills or collecting donations anymore, it's Wesley, you can check that by clicking on our "DONATE" button at the forum's navigation bar. I've grown utterly tired of dealing with Paypal, and I have no problem whatsoever with whoever collects our funds and manages our finances, which is something that seems to be a great problem to some other people who only care about money.
Wesley is not in this for the money either, neither is the rest of our staff for that matter. Our staff teams were always built upon TRUST, not some shady relationships where 'fear of leaking files' and 'fear of leaking information' seem to give birth to ridiculous situations, and much less contracts in which you do X and you earn Y. We're all volunteers, and we're not afraid to be honest.
I'm currently DR's Treasurer. Any and all donations go to my PayPal account. I'm completely transparent with it, and all donations will only go toward the bills.
I will give out screenshots if needed (personal information is blocked out of course)

Kalas

Retired
It both feels like ten years is too many and at the same time not enough years to be the real number. Once upon a time DR was my life and you all my family and part of me still regrets eventually leaving you all. I'm glad to see you're still doing what you do Diogo and thanks as always for the emails you send out to keep old guys like myself notified about what's going on. I'm also happy to see some familiar faces who made themselves onto staff like Mitsu!

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
It both feels like ten years is too many and at the same time not enough years to be the real number. Once upon a time DR was my life and you all my family and part of me still regrets eventually leaving you all. I'm glad to see you're still doing what you do Diogo and thanks as always for the emails you send out to keep old guys like myself notified about what's going on. I'm also happy to see some familiar faces who made themselves onto staff like Mitsu!
LOL! I swear this took me less than 1 minute - looking at the chatbox - opening DR folder - writing "wow" on the search bar - right clicking on the file I wanted to upload with puush - and voila:

Everyone moves on, comes back, vice-versa, don't worry :) I've became a bit absent myself since 2014 when I got divorced. I was already a 'home-tamed family man' but instantly started to spend more time outside to avoid bad memories and rebuild myself from ground zero...And everything's much better nowadays :]

It's nice you see you! I hope life has been treating you well.

Kalas

Retired
Life has been pretty good, I'm still working IT for better or worse I guess haha. I just got married on the 23rd to the same stellar lady I was dating back when I was still on here everyday.

ronnockoch

Ex Strike Team Member
Glad to see DR still alive after so long.

Been a while for myself but the itch to play GunZ never truly goes away.

As always Diogo give me a shout if you need a hand around here; but as per usual it seems like you have a good grasp of things :)

-[F]EAR / ronnockoch

Roro

tfw
[video=youtube;MoLkabPK3YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLkabPK3YU[/video]

Eden

Former Game Master
It's quite a nostalgic feeling to think how much time I spent here on DR now that I am getting closer to the end of college, soon to be an RN. Ten years ago I was 11 years old trying to get some gunz action in and generally just trolling the forums / being a shithead, but now I'm sticking needles in people and titrating medications. I'm not one to get really sappy but I like to think I've had some great times here over the years and some of those experiences helped shape me as a person, even if I don't always visit or think about DR due to how hectic life is now. Maybe I'll drop in and play some GunZ: The Duel™ Copyright 2006 MAIET Entertainment if I get some free time whenever y'all get around to doing a thing with the server.

Shout out to all my homies over the years, feel free to drop me a message and lemme know how you're doing lads.

Ya boi (pretty sure these are all the names I've used on DR),
Epic Fail / Ptolemy (the OG, not the guy who stole my name with a ^1) / (-_(-_-)_-) / GARY MFIN OAK / Watabeast / Eden