Internalize the Error, the Customer is "Never Wrong"

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member
"The Customer is never wrong" is not an accurate literal phrase. However it does serve as a reminder that the customer should not be blamed for the mistakes of the employee.
(This was originally a reply to the GunZ Fashion Event's first post. Don't get me wrong I actually like this concept of an event. Although I'd get bored of trying to dress up for themes really quick. I'd surely like to participate in the overall best outfit category [but if I won, I wouldn't accept the prize]. Anyway, the reply gets into some server population stuff I tried to address with some staff before but in an overarching sense.)

[glow="lime"]Hello everyone, we have decided to make our palette of events wider, so we're bringing back one that was hosted in the past.

It's quite simple, a group of staff members will give a topic and you'll have 3 minutes to pick your outfits and rejoin the room in time, the "better looking" or "fitting" of your costumes will be judged by us in 20 rounds.

The event quota hasn't been easy lately, so please call your friends to play... because there should be at least more players than staff members online in order to allow the event to take place. Speaking of which, so far we are 5; being: Abbey, Horrors, Slyhand, Damage and Mitsurugi.
That is subject of changes until tomorrow.

The time will be announced in GMT -2 soon, and will be hosted TOMORROW thursday 19th, it's a good chance to earn prices for just picking an outfit!

The ammount of winners will be decided based on the assistance, so please call your friends to play so there can be more winners!
[/glow]
"there should be at least more players than staff members online"

because the server has been designed in such a way that everyone comes here. Or maybe it's the game's fault. Either way the buck seems to be being passed by this statement.

In today's state of gaming where there are already alot of gimmicky games with tonnes of truthfully non-gameplay orientated factors in lieu of well executed, tight-yet-smooth, stunningly conceptual, visceral, truthfully immersed, engaging, competitive, intense, community fostering, end-user evolving gameplay an actually good event idea that this one is overshadowed by the fact that all seemingly too much effort is going into "event-time" and not into the "non-event time" on the DR GunZ server. Sure we can call our friends to play some silly event (although this one is clever) for a bit but why would they stick around after or return when events aren't being run? Don't blame the game. There are extremely poor quality online games that people are playing en masse to this very day and people still play Counter-Strike 1.6 and Condition Zero. and Unreal Tournament. And Star Wars Jedi Knight II Outcast and Doom/Doom II. And all the Quakes. And they play them across a plethora of servers. It's "simply" a matter of actually doing it right.

{Same exact thing happened in one of my old Counter-Strike: Source clans. We had 2 competitive teams and squads (5-8 person select active) formed from within those. That side of the clan was fine. We also had public servers (and a community) that were essentially empty. And why not? They were the exact same thing as other crappy empty servers in general, we didn't advertise our server, there was nothing that made the gameplay on our server worth sticking around for (like bots and a shoddy stat system as well as no player perks whatsoever [like custom models/sounds/maps] or a lack of good non-gamebreaking gameplay settings). So our squads and teams would pop on it as if we were staff, play, a few randoms would see us there and the server would get going, then we'd eventually trickle away and leave and they randoms would all disperse. The clan's master would point fingers at us and bitch for not doing more on our end to make that server better. He was the admin and no one else had the power to change things. All we could do was hop on it and atleast we got it going without the need for events. We just played. It got to a point where he was insulting the successful A and B teams so much over his failing pub that it caused an exodus and killed that clan.

It doesn't have to be this way or even remotely like this for other comparable scenarios. It does however start with simply playing the game with the amount of people you can surely get playing on it. Even if it's boring to not be able to do a massive TDM because the population of active staff at any given time is way too low, duels 1v1s and questing are a place to start whenever you have free time becuase it means you're doing more than nothing. People will see, and atleast that'll increase the very base population of players during the "non-event times". It won't even be by much, no lie. A very subtle increase of like 1 - 2 players at the most. But it's better than nothing and it'll eventually compound if standardized. There's still alot of people who look for a game with the gameplay of GunZ, they might stumble upon DR as they have in the past and when they do if the gameplay experience turns out to be good for them they'll return. Sure some will say population is too low, but again there will still be some people who will become return players as long as it's not 0 or 1 over 1000. It will however be 1/1000 for quite sometime due to the active population and the fact that no one can be on a server 24/7 actually playing. Better than 0 and solely stacking event hours. They could of course still go to other servers regardless of the population here but then we can atleast say "we have everything they have except better save for the population which is on the rise". It's not a lie if everything is ACTUALLY better, including the gameplay here which technically is quite good (though there's the balancing issues and leveling issues)

Either way best of luck. If you keep at it it will be successful and popular}

Comments of course welcome. Discuss other tips to improve server population below here if you wish as well.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Why mention it now? I always tend to apply that during events, otherwise the events would end quickly... sometimes I even delay the start time (when I solo) just to wait for people who reads at last minute....
Sometimes it can be quite discouraging when old members say "why is it so dead?" or even mock at the ammount of people during event times.
Personally I think that making the server grow is a shared task by all the parts, you can see that how despite how we host events, that doesn't mean people will stay, or we can see that even if you invite 1 or 2 friends they won't stay if there's no one else online...
[/glow]

supp

I'm not readin all that. Something bout Counter Strike. Yes, I like it too.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
I'm not readin all that. Something bout Counter Strike. Yes, I like it too.
[glow="lime"]This is under suggestions and complaints, therefore the rules are applied more actively, please avoid this kind of behavior or I'll start removing posts that can be considered as spamm.[/glow]

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
I think the staff need to at least be making some updates and actually make it seem "active". Then try and get people playing again by offering an incentive to make them log on and play.

I personally obviously want to see DR succeed, otherwise I wouldn't sponsor it.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
I think the staff need to at least be making some updates and actually make it seem "active". Then try and get people playing again by offering an incentive to make them log on and play.

I personally obviously want to see DR succeed, otherwise I wouldn't sponsor it.
I 100% agree. The only problem is that there are all the unregistered people that come across here and doesn't sign up, due to barely any activity.

Nepopoa

I agree with you aneila you bring up some very interesting points which are valid thanks for making this thread I hope we can reach out to the administration together

supp

[glow="lime"]This is under suggestions and complaints, therefore the rules are applied more actively, please avoid this kind of behavior or I'll start removing posts that can be considered as spamm.[/glow]
Ok, srry. [rofl]

Was just joking. Yeah, I agree with what he/she wrote. Seen more people on recently, but definitely not enough. It needs some updates urgently to make it more enjoyable. That'll bring more people, they'll tell others, and they'll stay on longer.

Beauty

DR Minecraft Staff
Staff member
Need to let go already. DR, why haven't you just laid GunZ to rest. I come here for the reminders of what this place use to be. But now, it just stains the past and the future isn't reachable. New concepts won't make people come, it's activity and dedication, there is no activity to dedicate too. Now it becomes a frenzy of ideas to liven up the place.
Events use to be a spur of the moment kind of thing. Now, they're announced weeks/days before in hopes for recognition. In regards to "The customer is always right." in a nutshell, DR isn't a business, It's a community. Correction, a dwindling community, full of hopes and no one to see them fulfilled.

Nepopoa

Need to let go already. DR, why haven't you just laid GunZ to rest. I come here for the reminders of what this place use to be. But now, it just stains the past and the future isn't reachable. New concepts won't make people come, it's activity and dedication, there is no activity to dedicate too. Now it becomes a frenzy of ideas to liven up the place.
Events use to be a spur of the moment kind of thing. Now, they're announced weeks/days before in hopes for recognition. In regards to "The customer is always right." in a nutshell, DR isn't a business, It's a community. Correction, a dwindling community, full of hopes and no one to see them fulfilled.
this is actually true thats why we should have mc

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]With all due respect Elizabeth, what if somebody told you that you can't do what you love to do? Just give up?
The fact that a phrase is repeated over and over doesn't mean it's the truth; therefore, the fact that people continues to say that DR is done for doesn't mean it is that way.

@Ankit: continue the troll and you're expelled from this thread, MC is a matter for who offers the hosting not for silly propaganda that leads nowhere.
[/glow]

Nepopoa

[glow="lime"]With all due respect Elizabeth, what if somebody told you that you can't do what you love to do? Just give up?
The fact that a phrase is repeated over and over doesn't mean it's the truth; therefore, the fact that people continues to say that DR is done for doesn't mean it is that way.

@Ankit: continue the troll and you're expelled from this thread, MC is a matter for who offers the hosting not for silly propaganda that leads nowhere.
[/glow]
how am i trolling,are you still angry? There's no propaganda here, only the truth lol? MC had more players than the Gunz server UNTIL it got shutdown
the only silly thing here is your little grudge that you keep.

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
how am i trolling,are you still angry? There's no propaganda here, only the truth lol? MC had more players than the Gunz server UNTIL it got shutdown
the only silly thing here is your little grudge that you keep.
[glow="lime"]If I'm the one holding a "grudge", how come it is you the one bringing it up everytime I call you out?
It is propaganda if you're not going to do anything for it to happen since you're promoting it instead of doing something about it.
This will be the only reply as a user that I'll give you, your next strike is a ban, and you were already warned about what happens in your next ban by NP.
[/glow]

Nepopoa

[glow="lime"]If I'm the one holding a "grudge", how come it is you the one bringing it up everytime I call you out?
It is propaganda if you're not going to do anything for it to happen since you're promoting it instead of doing something about it.
This will be the only reply as a user that I'll give you, your next strike is a ban, and you were already warned about what happens in your next ban by NP.
[/glow]
I don't care, I'm going to say what I want. Notice how you said "every time i call you out"? That's literally why I'm bringing it up, you have nothing better to do than to stalk my posts and cry. Also how do you know that I'm not doing anything about it? I've been going around telling all the old drmc players that a new server might come up, which is free advertising when someone offers to host the server(sacrifices). I'm bringing up drmc as well as a suggestion to anyone that might want to host it because how effective it was last time it was hosted.
Please go ahead and ban me for posting a complaint and suggestion in the correct forum.

Last edited:

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
this is actually true thats why we should have mc
DRMC is coming back soon. I already have everything planned out.

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

[/glow]
I will be setting up a new DRMC server, but with recent complications (see my GM application) it will take about another month for me to gather money.

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member
This pisses me off the most. I don't know who the fuck you honestly think you are Beauty. Do you by chance work for other servers? Is it your goal to see this thing fail? Lay GunZ to rest? It's a great game when executed properly. You're ex staff and you have only pessimism left for us? You come back for what? The hope that the server is magically populated? Wait wait let me get this straight, you want DRGunZ to be laid to rest just so you can stop coming back here to check on it? Every time you come here I get reminders of what you used to be (it wasn't pretty, no pun intended) but mostly because of arrogant replies like the one you just made. And for the record, the "customer is always right" is an analogy. I'm referring to the end users of the community as "customers". It works perfectly fine as an important motto to apply here as DRGunZ is a service provided by the DR Staff team for us to enjoy for the low low price of $0.00! It is a business infact, it's just non-profit. Donations come in and go straight to running the server. It's hard to believe you were ex staff when I'm telling you how DR works.

I see what Mitsurugi is talking about now with how people slander the server unprovoked. Like who told you to come here and ask the server to die? Don't even try to compare your reply to my original post. I want DR to succeed and there were hints and ideas posted in mine to stop the problems from continuing to keep the server population beyond bare minimum. You are the LAST FUCKING PERSON to be hoping for this to die you selfish... sigh...

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member
Quit crying and go recruit people.
This isn't a bitching thread sir. I was addressing 2 concepts that if changed would really save the DR server. I'm not surprised you didn't notice it. Not one bit.

Terumi

Donator
Quit crying and go recruit people.
fuck you, you beat me to the punch. but yeah if your gonna whine and bitch about server with low player count then do something about it go recruit and be active, maybe next month when i get payed i might do events or even try do my 24 hour DM again

supp

U people too pessimistic. New DRMC coming, update gunz client, and DR has what many other networks wish they could get...NAME RECOGNITION. The future can b good for DR.

...but u need to bring back Pokemonium to get the thousands of players back. I tell people hey come to DR and they respond "Is there still Pokemonium?" and I say No and they say "Ok, well not interested." This is a true story.