Internalize the Error, the Customer is "Never Wrong"

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
I don't care, I'm going to say what I want. Notice how you said "every time i call you out"? That's literally why I'm bringing it up, you have nothing better to do than to stalk my posts and cry. Also how do you know that I'm not doing anything about it? I've been going around telling all the old drmc players that a new server might come up, which is free advertising when someone offers to host the server(sacrifices). I'm bringing up drmc as well as a suggestion to anyone that might want to host it because how effective it was last time it was hosted.
Please go ahead and ban me for posting a complaint and suggestion in the correct forum.
[glow="lime"]Don't worry, consider yourself already banned permanently, the only reason you're still here is because I gave you the beneft of the doubt that you would change your attitude. Yes Ankit, this admin that you say that hates you so much bothered to make a poll in the staff chat just so everyone had their opinion about your situation instead of just kicking you out as I was suggested.

But it was clearly silly of me to think you'd learn to behave here, we're not your parents, it's not our obligation to fix what others raised unproperly. You don't know how to behave? so be it, get out of here.

When I called you out was based in rules interrelation because that's what a GM does, uses the system so it can't be abused by trolls like you, yet I gave you more passes than I give to people normally in name of our past friendship, my mistake.

Yes I have better things to do, I do them, I used to spend more time checking posts but that was when half the staff was suspended when I was just hired, nowadays that's not needed.

When you're the one breaking a rule it's always about others crying.

Invisible indeed, let me remind you that MC is not my area. I'm aware of Sacrifices offer, and we appreciate it.

That's not why I'm banning you though: You've questioned my decisions that were approved by the whole staff and often disobeyed, which is in the rules you agreed to follow.
You kept stacking infractions.
In the past you were permabanned for similar behavior....

The list can go on, but I'm tired... it's late.
[/glow]

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
[glow="lime"]Don't worry, consider yourself already banned permanently, the only reason you're still here is because I gave you the beneft of the doubt that you would change your attitude. Yes Ankit, this admin that you say that hates you so much bothered to make a poll n the staff chat just so everyone had their opinion about your situation instead of just kcking you out as I was suggested.

But it was clearly silly of me to think you'd learn to behave here, we're not your parents, it's not our obligation to fix what others raised unproperly. You don't know hot to behave? so be it, get out of here.

When I called you out was based in rules interrelation because that's what a GM does, uses the system so it can't be abused by trolls like you, yet I gave you more passes than I give to people normally in name of our past friendship, my mistake.

Yes I have better things to do, I do them, I used to spend more time checking posts but that was when half the staff was suspended when I was just hired, nowadays that's not needed.

When you're the one breaking a rule it's always about others crying.

Invisible indeed, let me remind you that MC is not my area. I'm aware of Sacrifices offer, and we appreciate it.

That's not why I'm banning you though: You've questioned my decisions that were approved by the whole staff and often disobeyed, which is in the rules you agreed to follow.
You kept stacking infractions.
In the past you were permabanned for similar behavior....

The list can go on, but I'm tired... it's late.
[/glow]
Honestly, I don't get why people can't behave. This forum isn't as strict as some forums I've seen. It's really not hard to think before you speak/type.

New concepts won't make people come, it's activity and dedication, there is no activity to dedicate too. Now it becomes a frenzy of ideas to liven up the place.
To be brutally honest, activity starts with concepts and new ideas. If there weren't any new ideas, we wouldn't even have the forum anymore. What's kept our community alive was users mentioning to others about what we had, and what others didn't.
In example, we are going to be updating GunZ, so people who come from other servers might see this as a better server.
It won't be a guarantee that people will like the update (most people already like what they know about it on here) but it will bring people here to try it.

OFF TOPIC
-------------------------------------
Regarding recruiting people, after I start the server (in about a month) I will be posting the server info to several Minecraft forums, including the official.
If anyone wants to help with advertising, just let me know in advanced.

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
Fools will always be the fools. The people who would learn anything are not the fools.

FTB DRMC? What pack? My friends and I are waiting for TPPI 2 to come out. (Test Pack Please Ignore) one of the best mod packs I played. Anxious to play tppi 2 when it comes.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Need to let go already. DR, why haven't you just laid GunZ to rest. I come here for the reminders of what this place use to be. But now, it just stains the past and the future isn't reachable. New concepts won't make people come, it's activity and dedication, there is no activity to dedicate too. Now it becomes a frenzy of ideas to liven up the place.
Events use to be a spur of the moment kind of thing. Now, they're announced weeks/days before in hopes for recognition. In regards to "The customer is always right." in a nutshell, DR isn't a business, It's a community. Correction, a dwindling community, full of hopes and no one to see them fulfilled.
And what did DR used to be? A money making machine, for the sole purpose of the unjust enrichment of one single individual, who treated our community and our staff like trash? To be honest, I'd rather have a dead Gunz server with an INCREASING community, instead of going back to what we were before.

I will give you a few reasons why we haven't given up on Gunz:
1 - We have a far better game client than most servers out there.
2 - We have a far better community than most servers out there.
3 - We have far better staff than most servers out there.

The only thing we do not have, and the only matter where you are correct, is ingame activity; because most of our staff has lost motivation, along with a majority of our players, which is completely understandable. We will not shutdown Gunz due to the opinion of a few individuals who aren't seeing things as they truly are. Because if you consider a community with, currently 612 active members, a "dwindling community", then I believe that you're not seeing things clearly.

Last month the active member count dropped below 600, but it's already on 612. Which means that, more people are registering on our forums. They just go the Gunz server, see few players online, and leave. That's our main problem, along with the staff's lack of motivation, and not anything else.

New concepts, are exactly what will bring more people to our server, because most people are already tired of the same old game modes that they play on other servers.

However, you are free to make any conclusions you desire, despite of their veracity, or lack of it. We believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as they share it in a respectful manner.

We need people who can help DR grow, not otherwise. Gunz is a game which is far from being dead. We will only give up on Gunz on the day that our members have completely lost interest in Gunz, which is not the case. Because, in reality, and for now, hundreds of members still visit our forums constantly, to check for any updates and news. So I don't think that giving up is an option at this moment. Besides, truth is that, our number of members is increasing.

Also, we're having an update in a near future, with content that other servers do not offer. Not to mention that, without any kind of advertisements, on one of our previous releases, we achieved a player count of 50 players, which was considered a great achievement, given the fact that we've used only our forums. We were just unlucky with one of our balancing patches, which killed the player count.

As a final note, I'm currently "away", but when I come back, the staff team will suffer a major change, since most of the staff has become inactive and unmotivated due to several reasons.
An unpopulated Gunz server, doesn't directly mean that this community is dying; on the contrary, that's just a fake argument that a lot of people have been using for many years now, in an attempt to further destroy our motivation, because that doesn't reflect by any means what's really happening on our community.

IF we ever shutdown our Gunz server, this community will live on forever, because the community is what's most important here, and it's visibly growing.

I hope this answers some questions, and clears up some misconceptions.

Best regards to everyone!

Terumi

Donator
And what did DR used to be? A money making machine, for the sole purpose of the unjust enrichment of one single individual, who treated our community and our staff like trash? To be honest, I'd rather have a dead Gunz server with an INCREASING community, instead of going back to what we were before.

The only thing we do not have, and the only matter where you are correct, is ingame activity; because most of our staff has lost motivation, along with a majority of our players, which is completely understandable. We will not shutdown Gunz due to the opinion of a few individuals who aren't seeing things as they truly are. Because if you consider a community with, currently 612 active members, a "dwindling community", then I believe that you're not seeing things clearly.

Last month the active member count dropped below 600, but it's already on 612. Which means that, more people are registering on our forums. They just go the Gunz server, see few players online, and leave. That's our main problem, along with the staff's lack of motivation, and not anything else.

New concepts, are exactly what will bring more people to our server, because most people are already tired of the same old game modes that they play on other servers.

However, you are free to make any conclusions you desire, despite of their veracity, or lack of it. We believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as they share it in a respectful manner.

We need people who can help DR grow, not otherwise. Gunz is a game which is far from being dead. We will only give up on Gunz on the day that our members have completely lost interest in Gunz, which is not the case. Because, in reality, and for now, hundreds of members still visit our forums constantly, to check for any updates and news. So I don't think that giving up is an option at this moment. Besides, truth is that, our number of members is increasing.

Also, we're having an update in a near future, with content that other servers do not offer. Not to mention that, without any kind of advertisements, on one of our previous releases, we achieved a player count of 50 players, which was considered a great achievement, given the fact that we've used only our forums. We were just unlucky with one of our balancing patches, which killed the player count.

As a final note, I'm currently "away", but when I come back, the staff team will suffer a major change, since most of the staff has become inactive and unmotivated due to several reasons.
An unpopulated Gunz server, doesn't directly mean that this community is dying; on the contrary, that's just a fake argument that a lot of people have been using for many years now, in an attempt to further destroy our motivation, because that doesn't reflect by any means what's really happening on our community.

IF we ever shutdown our Gunz server, this community will live on forever, because the community is what's most important here, and it's visibly growing.

If you make me staff i'll be on 24/7

OT: i'll probably start 24 hour DM room and maybe give out donors for ones with most kills but this gotta be next month cause i got no money plus i got pay for Prom

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
If you make me staff i'll be on 24/7

OT: i'll probably start 24 hour DM room and maybe give out donors for ones with most kills but this gotta be next month cause i got no money plus i got pay for Prom
[glow="lime"]For being a GM in gunz it is me who you need to talk with, Neo already said that he's not back yet.[/glow]

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member

Your mindset is 100% on point. It's sad that we have to comment on the invalidities of excessive pessism on a thread about helping DRGunZ before we actually get back into talking and acting upon how. Then again your plans will affect this directly so I'll await your return while doing what I can to help the server. As for you Beauty, if you want to see DR back to high population the contribute to threads like this in an optimistic manner. If it doesn't work out in the end you atleast tried.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
Fools will always be the fools. The people who would learn anything are not the fools.

FTB DRMC? What pack? My friends and I are waiting for TPPI 2 to come out. (Test Pack Please Ignore) one of the best mod packs I played. Anxious to play tppi 2 when it comes.
Just Default FTB, so it would be easier on everyone, including myself.

Beauty

DR Minecraft Staff
Staff member
[glow="lime"]With all due respect Elizabeth, what if somebody told you that you can't do what you love to do? Just give up?
The fact that a phrase is repeated over and over doesn't mean it's the truth; therefore, the fact that people continues to say that DR is done for doesn't mean it is that way.
[/glow]
You've seem to misunderstood what I meant by placing GunZ to rest. I did say GunZ, not DR as a whole. I love DR, But I hate what it has become.

This pisses me off the most. I don't know who the fuck you honestly think you are Beauty. Do you by chance work for other servers? Is it your goal to see this thing fail? Lay GunZ to rest? It's a great game when executed properly. You're ex staff and you have only pessimism left for us? You come back for what? The hope that the server is magically populated? Wait wait let me get this straight, you want DRGunZ to be laid to rest just so you can stop coming back here to check on it? Every time you come here I get reminders of what you used to be (it wasn't pretty, no pun intended) but mostly because of arrogant replies like the one you just made. And for the record, the "customer is always right" is an analogy. I'm referring to the end users of the community as "customers". It works perfectly fine as an important motto to apply here as DRGunZ is a service provided by the DR Staff team for us to enjoy for the low low price of $0.00! It is a business infact, it's just non-profit. Donations come in and go straight to running the server. It's hard to believe you were ex staff when I'm telling you how DR works.

I see what Mitsurugi is talking about now with how people slander the server unprovoked. Like who told you to come here and ask the server to die? Don't even try to compare your reply to my original post. I want DR to succeed and there were hints and ideas posted in mine to stop the problems from continuing to keep the server population beyond bare minimum. You are the LAST FUCKING PERSON to be hoping for this to die you selfish... sigh...
Right, let me clarify this for you. I was and always will be a part of DR's Community. Who do I think I am? I'm Beauty, Elizabeth, Liz, or Lady†Grym. You choose what you will prefer. You would still get the same person on all ends. You asked if I work for another server? If I did why the fuck would I waste my time here? It's my goal as it's any persons goal that plays DR and sacrificed time for DR to see it succeed. Yes, GunZ to rest. It's not pessimism, it's an eye opener, realize that instead of going so hard for GunZ place the assets to better use and make the community thrive again. Why is it that everyone always assumes that the past is Rolie Polie Kolie? Fuck that cunt and what he put DR through. Yeah your right it wasn't pretty. Maybe you can slip through the cracks of your clouded judgement to see what most people have seem to forgotten already. That hardship we as a whole went through made a bond among DR's most loyal and their friends and that is what got on the boat when we ended up here, our new home. As for me? and how you viewed me? Ask me if I give a shit. You seemed to always hold your own anyways, why was it a problem when I did? Because my title didn't let me voice that opinion? But now that we're on an even playing field you still hold grudge? An analogy that doesn't fit the description of DR. A business that doesn't make money is not a business it's a non-profit organization. The profit that DR does get is in turn placed into the server bill. You're not telling me nothing new. In turn it's easy to see that you consider me simple minded? Believe me I'm not. It's a damn shame that you're optimistic input in your first post isn't going to help DR. because it has nothing to do with how DR works.

With much love,
Selfish Bitch

To be brutally honest, activity starts with concepts and new ideas. If there weren't any new ideas, we wouldn't even have the forum anymore. What's kept our community alive was users mentioning to others about what we had, and what others didn't.
In example, we are going to be updating GunZ, so people who come from other servers might see this as a better server.
It won't be a guarantee that people will like the update (most people already like what they know about it on here) but it will bring people here to try it.
Concept and new ideas that benefit DR. not just ''let's try this and see how it plays out.''
Like you said ''What we HAD and what others DIDN'T." We had a good client, server, staff. we didn't have a huge community. So the idea to shit tier balance DR the way it is
now, to kill it even more. I hope just as much as the next person would that this new update promotes and raises the player count.

As i said above, It's not about rolie polie kolie. It's about the seed that was planted and the roots that held what came here together. To your points I fully agree.
It is not 612 members that bother me, it's the 3-4 players online that does. I've known this already as well. It's not the community it's the in-game activity, I failed to clarify this in my first post but It was my main point. Still is, A community that doesn't have nothing to look forward to no matter how many hits, registries, members it has it's dwindling, until a new patch comes out. (hmmm, reminds me of the past.) Now, what if the patch doesn't preform as intended, then what? back to the drawing board, correct? But what of the players till then? Same story, different cover? I'm not knocking DR and the developers. I'm just inputting what has been repeated over and over. Get it right or share the same results of the today.

As for you Beauty, if you want to see DR back to high population the contribute to threads like this in an optimistic manner. If it doesn't work out in the end you atleast tried.
Optimistic? I believe that time is behind us. It's about executing a flawless plan.

M

Mrs.Nibelheim

I'm new here but I feel like I should put in my two cents.

I appreciate the Op for one main reason, I get to see what has come before my arrival- so to speak. I've heard a lot of things about DR, both good and bad. I won't claim to know anything about any past circumstances but I do know one thing.

This place, both the old and the new, started some people's gaming careers, created friendships, and what they wanted to do as their career choice (art, gaming, coding, etc). Friends have even told me that this place shaped what kind of person that they are today. Whatever made it good then- there has to be some of that magic still in this place somewhere. All it takes is everyone trying to make a difference.

Recently, I came into contact with some people that played DRGunz back in the day. Through them (and Nibel), we recently all came back to DR to hit up some Gunz for the nostalgia, fun, and laughter. Some of them were a bit surprised that DrGunz was even still around.

I guess my suggestion here would be play to the strengths of the server. I have heard that as far as content goes, this server has more than the other servers combined. But that's when you should start asking yourselves, "What more can I do to make this work?" If people really want this server to succeed, then they actually need to put forth that effort. If there is no effort, then nothing will ever get done. Nibel has even brought at least 4 people back with him, and they are all fully willing to play, including me albeit the fact my client currently won't let me play.

We all talk and express over the fact that we would like to see DR back in a good position. But it definitely can't just be the community that needs motivation, but I can see it in the old and new staff alike too.

I'd like to see what the OP wrote here, the community and the staff actually banding together and trying to actually get this once proud server back on it's feet. It shouldn't be about which game is dead, what we should do next, or worrying about what's been done before. Everything should be about what's going on right now. The future isn't definitive, it's what we, as a whole, need to do right now to get things done.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
it's a non-profit organization.
That is 100% correct, when this community followed me after the retardness of the other guy, and when we've opened these forums, the first thing I've done was actually registering DR as a non-profit company, so there wouldn't be any kind of issues with the donations.

As i said above, It's not about rolie polie kolie. It's about the seed that was planted and the roots that held what came here together. To your points I fully agree.
It is not 612 members that bother me, it's the 3-4 players online that does. I've known this already as well. It's not the community it's the in-game activity, I failed to clarify this in my first post but It was my main point. Still is, A community that doesn't have nothing to look forward to no matter how many hits, registries, members it has it's dwindling, until a new patch comes out. (hmmm, reminds me of the past.) Now, what if the patch doesn't preform as intended, then what? back to the drawing board, correct? But what of the players till then? Same story, different cover? I'm not knocking DR and the developers. I'm just inputting what has been repeated over and over. Get it right or share the same results of the today.
As for the past, it wasn't my fault, nor TJ's fault, not Pro-Styler's fault, nor anyone's fault, that the other guy only remember that DR existed when he needed money for real life, since at one point, he was the only one who could update the server... Most patches and updates were delayed because he didn't care about DR. While nowadays, most updates are delayed because the staff teams end up losing motivation because of some community members. Not saying that's your fault necessarily, just pointing that out.

Most of our players already play other Gunz servers, which is understandable, but we still have the possibility of succeeding with Gunz, because it's a game that is far from being dead. Besides, all the other servers out there, don't really have anything new to offer, it's more of the same bullshit over and over again with minor modifications that most people couldn't care less.

What always made DR special was the community, both staff and players, and the way that we are all united. We all have a bond that nearly no other server has, because on other servers, it's all about butt buddies licking their butts to eachother, but here we don't have that; despite the other guy's abuse, we've always managed to keep things as clear and transparent as they can get.

I apologize for being belligerent towards you, but we need support above everything, we don't need people to tell us that DR is in the gutter right now, because we already now that :] However, some staff members still strive and fight for a better day!

Kiwi

Eddie
I'm probably gonna get flamed at for this, but this is just my opinion after all. And before I do get flamed at, just know my intentions are NOT to bash DR and try to bring it down. Don't take any of this the wrong way at all. I want to see DR grow and succeed just as much, if not MORE than the next person. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't be taking the time to write all of this out. Anyway, I know people are coming down pretty hard on the pessimism in this thread, but if DR wants REAL support, you can't just tune out the pessimism and focus on all positive motivation. Some of these "pessimistic" viewpoints bring up some good, solid points, despite how tough they may be to swallow.

This server has one of the best clients out there as of right now (compared to many of the others that I've played on). The quality of our content isn't the issue at all. I've invited plenty of friends, and this server is like heaven to them. It's exactly the type of balance they're looking for. But those players don't stay long. The issue is, obviously, the player count and the people. I know, I know, the redundant statement has been thrown in your face multiple times. But here's why I see an issue with the player count. The main issue I see with the player count is that (in my opinion) if you want to be able to stay in this community, you need to behave a certain way. The way I see it, if your maturity level isn't up to a certain par, you're just gonna get infracted, banned, and eventually shunned from the community. Now yeah, immaturity can be annoying as fuck, but those immature personalities are usually what fuel activity. Those are the type of people who make the game interesting. Those are the type of people whose annoying spoken words irritate you enough to motivate you to get more skilled, so you can come back, fucking kick their ass and rub it in their face. Look at how other servers are, hell, even look at how DR used to be. Our community wasn't full of these mature, self-controlled individuals like our community is today. Those individuals existed yeah, but we mostly had a bunch of immature, arrogant cocky bastards, better known as "kiddies." Once again, in my opinion, that's just the type of community that GunZ attracts, hence why other servers have a high player count predominantly full of immature players. That's just what makes GunZ fun for the vast majority of people. Sure, it would be nice to have a big, active community full of mature, respectful, self-controlled individuals, but how many gems are there out there who are like that ? Looking at the GunZ community as a whole from all different servers, not very many. Sure, you could attract some new players who are like that, but not very many new players come to GunZ. A majority of the players who come to private servers used to play IJJI or come from other private servers. Finding someone who's mature and brand new to the game would be very rare, and most likely won't do much for player count.

To wrap it up, the content of this server is outstanding. Far better than a majority of the other servers out there. Yeah there's room for improvement still, but the quality of our content shouldn't be emphasized right now. Right now what needs to be emphasized is players. But, once again, in my opinion (stressing the IMOs just so I don't get bitched at, since I know my opinions can spark controversy lol), I see that DR typically only accepts mature, self-controlled individuals. If you set limits, you also limit the number of people, no matter what the circumstances are. As odd as this sounds, and as painful as this may be for some of you to think about, I say give the immaturity a chance. You can still maintain control with some immaturity here and there.

Once again, this is just how I see things. I am not in any way, shape or form trying to define or label DR. This is all just my opinion.

Aneila

DR Staff
Staff member
I'm probably gonna get flamed at for this, but this is just my opinion after all. And before I do get flamed at, just know my intentions are NOT to bash DR and try to bring it down. Don't take any of this the wrong way at all. I want to see DR grow and succeed just as much, if not MORE than the next person. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't be taking the time to write all of this out. Anyway, I know people are coming down pretty hard on the pessimism in this thread, but if DR wants REAL support, you can't just tune out the pessimism and focus on all positive motivation. Some of these "pessimistic" viewpoints bring up some good, solid points, despite how tough they may be to swallow.

This server has one of the best clients out there as of right now (compared to many of the others that I've played on). The quality of our content isn't the issue at all. I've invited plenty of friends, and this server is like heaven to them. It's exactly the type of balance they're looking for. But those players don't stay long. The issue is, obviously, the player count and the people. I know, I know, the redundant statement has been thrown in your face multiple times. But here's why I see an issue with the player count. The main issue I see with the player count is that (in my opinion) if you want to be able to stay in this community, you need to behave a certain way. The way I see it, if your maturity level isn't up to a certain par, you're just gonna get infracted, banned, and eventually shunned from the community. Now yeah, immaturity can be annoying as fuck, but those immature personalities are usually what fuel activity. Those are the type of people who make the game interesting. Those are the type of people whose annoying spoken words irritate you enough to motivate you to get more skilled, so you can come back, fucking kick their ass and rub it in their face. Look at how other servers are, hell, even look at how DR used to be. Our community wasn't full of these mature, self-controlled individuals like our community is today. Those individuals existed yeah, but we mostly had a bunch of immature, arrogant cocky bastards, better known as "kiddies." Once again, in my opinion, that's just the type of community that GunZ attracts, hence why other servers have a high player count predominantly full of immature players. That's just what makes GunZ fun for the vast majority of people. Sure, it would be nice to have a big, active community full of mature, respectful, self-controlled individuals, but how many gems are there out there who are like that ? Looking at the GunZ community as a whole from all different servers, not very many. Sure, you could attract some new players who are like that, but not very many new players come to GunZ. A majority of the players who come to private servers used to play IJJI or come from other private servers. Finding someone who's mature and brand new to the game would be very rare, and most likely won't do much for player count.

To wrap it up, the content of this server is outstanding. Far better than a majority of the other servers out there. Yeah there's room for improvement still, but the quality of our content shouldn't be emphasized right now. Right now what needs to be emphasized is players. But, once again, in my opinion (stressing the IMOs just so I don't get bitched at, since I know my opinions can spark controversy lol), I see that DR typically only accepts mature, self-controlled individuals. If you set limits, you also limit the number of people, no matter what the circumstances are. As odd as this sounds, and as painful as this may be for some of you to think about, I say give the immaturity a chance. You can still maintain control with some immaturity here and there.

Once again, this is just how I see things. I am not in any way, shape or form trying to define or label DR. This is all just my opinion.
Give the staff team a better chance. I was online when a new (infact old) "kiddie" as you put it showed up. It was funny because all we were was nice to that person and they originally got into it with their own pessimism that I simply denounced. We went back to playing and then it randomly came up again and I was wondering what it was for? It was pure immaturity and staff noticed at the same time. That person simply had to apologize at first in person and then on the forums.

I'm not sending you away, but there are other servers with immature populations as you pointed out and if you or they like their kiddie populated servers they can go there.

As for Beauty, I know you did some good stuff in the past, but even Neo just disagreed with your current standpoint on DRGunZ. It was just wrong. Pessimism is a bleak outlook and sure it comes from something more actual and understandable. Pessimistic people however obscure bad points into "no hope". That is the mistake you and Kiwi (well not really Kiwi) just made.

Kiwi, quality over quanity.
Beauty, patience is a virtue.
Neo, GG.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
The points that you are trying to name as "tough to swallow", were based on an unrealistic perspective about this community, that's why most of those points were easily shot down. If anyone points out our flaws, in a realistic, objective, and truthful manner, like i.e. Aneila did, then those points are gladly and easily "swallowed".

Actually, you're wrong, again. It's not about our rule enforcement, players went away because we messed up on a balancing patch; and they do not stick around because nearly everything that they can do here, they can do on other servers. Other servers in which, they already have dozens of donator items, along with high level characters.

We have a rule system, which has nothing to do with the maturity, or lack of it, from the community members.

A person can be immature, and still follow our rules, therefore, your point about maturity doesn't make any kind of sense.

And, in reality, we have been far too lenient towards our members...lol...Because if this was in old DR, then several individuals around here would have been banned a long long long time ago.

Other servers have higher player count because they allow everything for the sake of individual profit, and for the sake of their player count.

We will not sacrifice the integrity of this network for the sake of numbers. Because, as I've mentioned before, we've managed to achieve a 50 player count without any kind of external advertisements. And they were 50 nice players, both mature and immature players, who respected eachother.

I will reiterate, our lack of Gunz players has nothing to do with maturity, and much less with rule enforcement; it is directly related to development mishaps, or more concretely, development "fuck-ups"; and also, due to the lack of motivation of most of our staff.

To be even more precise, I will give you two simple examples:

Immature player: OMG u were pwned, trolololololololololololololol. - Acceptable, perfectly normal online behavior.
Disrespectful player: Eat this you mother f***** p****, and go f*** your mother, lick your daddy's a**. - Not acceptable, most players don't want to go through this.

You are mistaking respect with maturity, when they are two completely different things.

As a final note, that "I'm probably gonna get flamed" remark was completely unnecessary; you do not get flamed if you voice your opinion in an respectful manner, and even if you get flamed, then rules will be applied to whoever flames you.

Nevertheless, thank you for your input.

Terumi

Donator

so what you're basically saying is that people who are immature idiots are infracted and ban if i'm wrong you are welcome call me a dumbass or an idiot, but this can't be far from the truth i'm probably one of the immature people in this server and i never got yelled at or got in trouble plus if player count low well tell your friends about this http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthread.php/6074-Been-awhile-but-24-hour-DM-is-back thanks for your opinion and tell your friends to tell their friend and to tell theirs friend so on and so forth