[POLL] DR'S NEXT GAME

What game would you like us to host?

• Total voters

Eden

Former Game Master
Hey guys,

This is a poll about what game you would like to see come to DR. Currently, Tales Runner and Maplestory are our two main candidates for development. As always we're polling this for the community to decide. You may also suggest other plausible games along with a good explanation as to why it would be a good fit for DR; don't just vote "Other" and say the name of a game. Original thread: http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthread.php?5519-TALK!-Adding-Returning-games-to-DR

Some points to consider:
-Tales Runner could be risky to host but has been very successful in the past here.
-Maplestory is less of a risk, and we have old returning MS staff members. All we really need is a dev team.
-Remember, we want to get a good stable player base going. Consider this when voting. What game would bring us those numbers and sustain them?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nibelheim

Administrative Team Counselor
I honestly say it's best to play our cards right and run a Maplestory server. The files are easily obtained and changed because there are much more people that know how to do this, the server we'd host it on seems like it would definitely be stable enough for it, and it would easily bring in a player base if done right - that way when we do collect the resources and people needed for TR, we can launch that next into an already somewhat growing player base.

Short and sweet, if you want to get players quickly, do something you can accomplish quickly that appeals to easier to grab audiences.

Last edited:

Slyhand

Senior DR Staff, King of the Arcade
Staff member
Just to point out some things for those voting:

Maplestory is highly saturated with private servers already, making it far more difficult to create a server that will appeal to potential players.
Talesrunner on the other hand is far more difficult to set up and as such there are very few private servers, if any.

There is quite a large player base involved with both games (Maplestory obviously having the larger population due to it being a mainstream game) though if you take into account the ratio of players to servers, there will be far more people flocking to a Talesrunner server because there is no competition.

I see Maplestory as being the higher risk option here rather than Talesrunner being so because there is a higher possibility the server will fail alongside the many other new servers.

Just food for thought.

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
Totally agree on what slyhand said, if you really want to start a server where people will go to you will need a very well updated server to compete.
That quite means latest bosses, gear, cash shop and classes.
If thats going to be impossible the server is going to bring in way less potential players then expected.

My vote also goes to Talesrunner

Eden

Former Game Master
Indeed, both have their risks but something like a cease and desist would be out of our hands.
I voted MS because I think it would benefit us more in the long run as far as stability goes. I'm positive we can put forth a quality server.

Kiyde

Skillmap Guru/Last Dragon
I'd play ms ;p
all in one shop please.
rebirth system please.
1b gold for 10k nx please.
fm boss rooms please.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Daemons Ring Dragon Nest

Fast paced action/rpg, with 4 original classes expanding them to 7 with newer updates. The game was that succesful that there's already a sequel in process while the first one continues to be updated, the game itself is based in combos, which can be made endless depending of the tactic.
PvP mode that has settings to enable or disable equipment stats so the fights are based either on equipment+skill or just skill.

And a lot more.....!

Including:
Some mounts that can glide.
Pets, not perm, but their life can be extended continuedly.....
Friendship with npc's
Costumes besides equipment.
A lot of shiny stuff...?
The game has quick introductions for almost everything.
Fishing, cooking, etc.
Interesting story that relates all the playable characters.
Dragons that turn into human figures (they are all big and some are allies of the player).

<Edit> There's no EU server, meaning that those players and South Americans use the SEA server (Philipines).
US/Can/AUS players can only use Nexon's
[/glow]

Madao

Black Desert private server might be a nice idea. Theres no US or EU server yet, before they come out, we could gain attention from Players who are waiting for it, Server files are available. Its very performance demanding game, though.

Last edited:

Agecaner

You know this is not gonna work? The GunZ server hasen't improved at all since the release, and you're like well shit, we got no players? lets make a different game because that will work just like the other 30 times we did that and it didnt work. I've been around for 4 years and I can't even count the amount of times I've seen a thread like this even though the GunZ should be the one being focused on. But yeah back to the point this is not gonna work at all and will just become another game with no players on it, which is the truth and you know it.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
You know this is not gonna work? The GunZ server hasen't improved at all since the release, and you're like well shit, we got no players? lets make a different game because that will work just like the other 30 times we did that and it didnt work. I've been around for 4 years and I can't even count the amount of times I've seen a thread like this even though the GunZ should be the one being focused on. But yeah back to the point this is not gonna work at all and will just become another game with no players on it, which is the truth and you know it.
[glow="lime"]Hmmmmm...... Wasn't expecting this kind of post so soon.
So what's the point of it? What do you want to get with your post? All you're getting is that this kind of threads appear less often since others will probably use it as their chance to vent w.e. frustration they are having. Help or don't get in the way.
[/glow]

Agecaner

[glow="lime"]Hmmmmm...... Wasn't expecting this kind of post so soon.
So what's the point of it? What do you want to get with your post? All you're getting is that this kind of threads appear less often since others will probably use it as their chance to vent w.e. frustration they are having. Help or don't get in the way.
[/glow]
Alright, do as you wish, this will however be my last post on these forums until I see improvement.

Eden

Former Game Master
Gunz is being worked on, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. Yes, it's going slow. Yes, we fucked up and didn't advertise at first. Separate people working on a separate game won't slow Gunz progress down. DR is a GAMING NETWORK, not just a GUNZ SERVER. Adding another game to our roster has a chance to bring us new members. It's not going to work if we don't try, you miss %100 of the shots you don't take.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
The thing about Tales Runner, it might be some bullshit propaganda, since I only believe in what I see... But apparently some servers have been receiving cease and desist letters. However, these individuals, when an IF then actually contact me, they will realize that they are dealing with a criminal lawyer who has 8 years of practice, they're not dealing with mere children who have no idea how to response to such threats. It's not a simple letter of those that frightens me, no, only when I actually receive a court letter in my home address, I will decide what action to take and what future to give to our Tales Runner server, IF we choose to have a Tales Runner server that is, nothing is set to stone yet.

As for maplestory, we're up for it as well, if Nexon wants to send any kind of cease and desist letter, I'll also be here to give them an adequate reply.

You guys choose what's better or DR, when this poll has a proper voting, we will decide then what exactly we will do.

Thank you all, and please, keep casting your vote.

Leningrad

Former GM
My opinion here would be ditch all these old games since they're dead it was fun while it lasted... and host something that can have a lot of people in one place maybe world of warcraft or something that's popular nowadays I dont know....I believe DR is wasted potential right now with all the good staff and this community seriously DR could be doing a lot better now making profit and providing entertainment for the community just saying you know.

Anderson

WoW will end up being a mediocre unscripted server, it takes a lot of dedication.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Edited my post in page 1.[/glow]

Blissful

Donator
Remove all the games and continue on as being used as a social gathering of sorts.
Sadly, no one really cares any more.
(In before: "I care, so, there is someone")
hashtagsomethingclever