[POLL] DR'S NEXT GAME

What game would you like us to host?

• Total voters

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Remove all the games and continue on as being used as a social gathering of sorts.
Sadly, no one really cares any more.
(In before: "I care, so, there is someone")
hashtagsomethingclever
That's just your perception, and what others who play others servers may think; however, a forum with 662 active members contradicts that easily.

We really don't need that kind of despising attitude around here, so please, save it for yourself and your friends.

Anyway, the situation is the following:

We have no one to work on Tales Runner, despite knowing that the server would immediately be completely full with 200-400 players like we've managed before...We've all tried, but it's complicated.

As for Maplestory, we have experienced personnel for it, so it will probably be our choice.

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
That's just your perception, and what others who play others servers may think; however, a forum with 662 active members contradicts that easily.

We really don't need that kind of despising attitude around here, so please, save it for yourself and your friends.

Anyway, the situation is the following:

We have no one to work on Tales Runner, despite knowing that the server would immediately be completely full with 200-400 players like we've managed before...We've all tried, but it's complicated.

As for Maplestory, we have experienced personnel for it, so it will probably be our choice.
Why is TalesRunners put up as an option then o_O?

Eden

Former Game Master
Members who have viewed this thread: 43
Total votes: 23

Nepopoa

sad to see drmc so dead, it used to be successful until a bunch of shit got it reset like 4 times

Danger

Didnt we shutdown MS for, no players, bugs, copyright issues?
For myself, I think MMORPG games, gather the most players, and seem abit easier to host one, games like WoW, Silkroad, MS, and the list goes on and on.
Id pick an easy abit old game that will be easy to host but whats inside is what makes the difference, no need for a complete different content, since items and skills, and stuff would be probably the same, but events, shop prices, maybe some additional content make the difference, we have a good community, good devs, and dedicated server thus ensuring good latency, less lag etc.
If had to choose between ms or tr, id choose MS

Ixie

DR Staff Team Coordinator
Staff member
After looking up Lunia for nostalgia reasons, it doesn't look like it has any official servers anymore for NA, and has multiple server repacks up. Idk how successful it may be but it's a thought i'll throw up here.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Post number 7 updated.[/glow]

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
is there a source available?
[glow="lime"]Back then Neo gave me a link to a development section in ragezone that is dedicated to DN... there are a couple pservers already and people continues to research and try stuff up... dunno if they have reached the Assassin patch....

http://forum.ragezone.com/f851/

Apparently some have the Assassin, that's nearly the point where SEA is at.
<Edit> It seems like some servers have a new class (Lancer)... that's interesting... SEA is the third most advanced version and they don't have it yet.... maybe for october? o:
[/glow]

N

NOPROBLEM

[glow="lime"]Back then Neo gave me a link to a development section in ragezone that is dedicated to DN... there are a couple pservers already and people continues to research and try stuff up... dunno if they have reached the Assassin patch....

http://forum.ragezone.com/f851/

Apparently some have the Assassin, that's nearly the point where SEA is at.
<Edit> It seems like some servers have a new class (Lancer)... that's interesting... SEA is the third most advanced version and they don't have it yet.... maybe for october? o:
[/glow]
ok, for real now. u seriously need to do something about ur font. i cant read it without getting my eyes all watery and they get all out of focus. i hereby refuse to read mitsurugi font till he changes it.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
ok, for real now. u seriously need to do something about ur font. i cant read it without getting my eyes all watery and they get all out of focus. i hereby refuse to read mitsurugi font till he changes it.
I just click on the "remove formatting" button anytime someone writes with a different font that I can't read on the quote box...lol.

Anyway, come on guys, we need more votes and opinions on this -.-

Eden

Former Game Master
They're way too heavy games, game clients with over 10gb are uneasy for most people around here :\
This. We need something easily accessible that doesn't require a large dedicated team, which huge MMOs typically require to be successful.

Azrael

Donator
Ohhhh okay I gotchya. How about Tactics arena? I think its a pretty cool game. Its a strategy game simular to chess but a lot better.

Kasumaii

DR Circle Jerk

No? Fine.

DR Solstice Arena. Small, easy to get into, thank me later.

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
Regarding the maple story projects in a year ago. It was disbanded for several reasons. No Java and C#/C++ writers, the sources on Internet are not what I feel i want for this community based on people's feedbacks. Might as well write whole source from scratch like Gunblade did. All we need is one dedicated writer to help out with. Just like this saying, your own custom source is easier to manage and modify than using other person's source.

This applies to all of the games suggested in this thread because most of those languages are in Java and C's.

All in honesty, I can see a potentially great server if we ever find a dedicated writer. :)