Why are games nowadays so much shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainiac

hi im brainiac
lol'd

If you're talking about Bioshock Infinite, lol
The ME trilogy is one of the best trilogies ever made, if you don't like it, it's just a matter of style. That doesn't make it garbage.
Batman arkham city is just pure fun
Dishonored also just FUN
farcry is really cool

and bioshock infinite- well that game is just awesome. Agreed the gameplay isn't that incredible but other than that everything else is incredible. It's worth playing just for the plot and visuals, really. If you don't enjoy that, again it's just a matter of style. But calling everything garbage like that just because you have a certain taste in games is just stupid, I mean, if people enjoy something it can't be pure shit can't it? Especially if the majority enjoys it.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
The ME trilogy is one of the best trilogies ever made, if you don't like it, it's just a matter of style. That doesn't make it garbage.
Batman arkham city is just pure fun
Dishonored also just FUN
farcry is really cool

and bioshock infinite- well that game is just awesome. Agreed the gameplay isn't that incredible but other than that everything else is incredible. It's worth playing just for the plot and visuals, really. If you don't enjoy that, again it's just a matter of style. But calling everything garbage like that just because you have a certain taste in games is just stupid, I mean, if people enjoy something it can't be pure shit can't it? Especially if the majority enjoys it.
Mass Effect is great, BioWare just messed up a bit on ME3's ending the same way they messed up with Knights of The Old Republic 2's ending...I still play SWTOR since it has been launched though.

@FoxCharm, Fable 1 was actually the only game of the series that I've played, it's good to know it's being remade.

Also, @thread, another important thing is piracy, a pc game is released and on the very same day it's on warez-bb (for example), while cracking console games or the consoles themselves is a bit harder, 15 years ago the playstation 1 was easily chipped and copied games would work, same with the PS2 about 10 years ago, as for the PS3, XBOX's and others I have no idea...But even on the "chip" age, I remember Final Fantasy IX being released with a "anti-chip" measure of some kind, or anti-copy...something like that...

brainiac

hi im brainiac
Mass Effect is great, BioWare just messed up a bit on ME3's ending the same way they messed up with Knights of The Old Republic 2's ending...I still play SWTOR since it has been launched though.

@FoxCharm, Fable 1 was actually the only game of the series that I've played, it's good to know it's being remade.

Also, @thread, another important thing is piracy, a pc game is released and on the very same day it's on warez-bb (for example), while cracking console games or the consoles themselves is a bit harder, 15 years ago the playstation 1 was easily chipped and copied games would work, same with the PS2 about 10 years ago, as for the PS3, XBOX's and others I have no idea...But even on the "chip" age, I remember Final Fantasy IX being released with a "anti-chip" measure of some kind, or anti-copy...something like that...
well they did release an extended cut which was pretty good actually imho
idk I enjoyed it regardless, for me the DLC just made it even better.

also piracy is not really an issue for big companies. overall they might be losing some $$$ but they're also earning a lot of free promotion and advertising("hey dude I just dl'd grid 2 that shit is so cash you have to get it"). The companies that need the cash are indie game companies, and, well, nobody cracks indie games. You won't find those anywhere, only option is to buy them, so, np.

Couldn't find a normal video, but this is fine you can see my point

[video=youtube;Af0wXeN6_FY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0wXeN6_FY[/video]

Last edited:

hondasrock

DRGunZ Beta Tester
Maybe its not the fact that they are getting worse, maybe its the fact that we are growing up and we have lost interest. This could be the case, because children still like to play games.

Horrors

Retired
Still keeping my favorite games as FF III and Gen II&III Pokémon.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="#45acf6"]Megaman X4, Mario 64, Super Smash Brothers and Starfox 64 for me.[/glow]

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]This was Roro's vent 2 months ago.

Locking this to prevent further necrobump, I'm also phys deleting the post that caused it:
[/glow]

hey guys i bought a snes from the charity shop last thursday and started playin on it, im totally a 90s kid

Status
Not open for further replies.